View Full Version : Which stylus do you like?? (for iPAQ 2210)

melb_angel19
06-27-2004, 05:28 AM
I want to purchase another stylus for my 2210 but I'm not sure which way to go. I like the 3-in-1 idea (pen, stylus and reset pin).

I'm thinking about going with this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5705427771

My second preference is:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5103073977

Would the metal be too cold to use? Does anyone else use a metal one?

I really only want to go with the first link because I think it looks better with the black tip (the second one looks like it's got a clear plastic tip).
In the end though, it's not all about looks. Which type will be better for the screen? Which type will feel the most comfortable?

Any input appreciated.

(I did do a search for similar threads but had no luck, please lead me to them if there have been previous threads that I somehow missed)

Robb Bates
06-28-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't think having a reset pin is really critical for these stylii. The tip of my stylus is just the right size for the reset hole. Do you really need a separate pointy thing just to use it to reset your PPC?

I got a three pack of stylus/pen at CompUSA for $9.99. I can't remember the brand name, but the silver paint that they used scraped off when I would insert/remove my stylus every time and now my stylus is bare brass and I have some silver paint chips floating around inside my PPC. I don't think this paint they used was conductive, so I don't think I'll have a problem with that, but now my stylus looks ugly. But hey, it's cheap and it works.

Robb

Kowalski
06-28-2004, 07:22 PM
i've never used one of these and never wanna use in the future for one reason: the default stylus lives in the device so i have no chance to forget or loose.

Robb Bates
06-28-2004, 07:35 PM
I think we're talking about the stylus/pen combos that are the same size/shape as the original stylus. They replace the original. Therefore, no chance of forgetting/losing them.

Robb

Derek
06-28-2004, 11:20 PM
Not a hard choice for me, these ones from Covertec are the best, without a doubt! I ordered a 3-pack myself

http://www.covertec.com/img/products/SP42/SP42_prod.jpg
Check the www.covertec.com website, I can't link it because the website is based on frames.

dh
06-28-2004, 11:46 PM
For me, the best is PDA Panache.

I have one for my Axim, for my Cross pen and even for my Zaurus - the Tungsten T stylus fits perfectly.

The quality is superb and the tip material they use is the best I've found. The 2215 one is here: http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=HQ22 It includes a pen as well :D

By the way, I wouldn't recommend the PDair stylus from the first link. I bought the Zaurus one and it's very light and cheap feeling. The tip doesn't feel too good on the screen either.

I had to get mine from Brando in Hong Kong and it was the same price as the PDA Panache but nowhere near as good.

Kowalski
06-29-2004, 08:44 AM
wow, i'll get myself one for sure.

Steven Cedrone
06-29-2004, 12:24 PM
For me, the best is PDA Panache.

I have always liked the PDA Panache products as well!

Steve

ctmagnus
06-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Plus, imo, they're reasonably-priced as well! :way to go:

milkman dan
06-30-2004, 11:15 AM
I have to say I prefer the stock graphite pens that come with ipaqs. Pretty sure they are graphite, thet feel like that when you chew em. BTW, what would you need a pen for when you have a PDA in your hand? lol

Kowalski
06-30-2004, 12:19 PM
BTW, what would you need a pen for when you have a PDA in your hand?
this is a very very intresting and clever point :wink:

Derek
06-30-2004, 01:03 PM
And they are scary, imagine the cap gets stuck inside the silo, or when the pen is leaking 8O
That's why I'll go for the covertec ones :D

Robb Bates
06-30-2004, 02:22 PM
BTW, what would you need a pen for when you have a PDA in your hand? lol

Because people look at you funny when you try to sign a check with your stylus. :huh:

Robb

milkman dan
07-01-2004, 02:23 AM
ROFL, I find it hilarious that in a day and age where we can fit a 624MHz computer in our pocket and send money across the world instanty, we still use a peice of paper to transfer funds :lol: I long for the day when we have a do-everything money card, or soemthing like what they have at gas stations. On a side note, has anyone noticed how they are making cashiers obselete? They have tellers that you scan and pay all by yourself now 8O

Derek
07-01-2004, 08:44 AM
Or don't use the scanners at all and just run! :lol:

esher2292
07-12-2004, 12:10 AM
They usally have someone walking around to say, HEY YOU!. Also if you don't scan something then put something different on the belt it rejects it. At least a giant. (not that I've tried it but I know because they've rejected my stuff because the barcode has been covered and it can't tell what it was.)

esher2292