View Full Version : Who actually buys PPC Pool Games?

cmchavez
06-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Andy Whiteford posted an excellent review of Virtual Pool Mobile 1.0 which can be found at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,28789. I am curious how many readers actually buy pool games, as opposed to puzzles games or shooters. Please let me know what you think.

dean_shan
06-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Yeah I'd play one if it was cheaper. I used to have this one pool game for my Mac Classic that was really fun.

Kowalski
06-26-2004, 07:35 PM
i dont like playing pool games in computer, when you play in the real world, you have to chance to hit the ball in the bottom, left or right. but computer just assumes that you are hitting the ball just the center

cmchavez
06-26-2004, 08:30 PM
i dont like playing pool games in computer, when you play in the real world, you have to chance to hit the ball in the bottom, left or right. but computer just assumes that you are hitting the ball just the center

I agree, in addition, there just doesn't seem to be anything that a computer can substitute for the real feel and sounds of playing pool in reality. :wink:

Andy Whiteford
06-27-2004, 11:50 AM

I'm assuming you are referring to where on the cue ball you can strike with the cue? If this is the case then Virtual Pool allows you to hit anywhere thanks to the 3D nature, not just centre.
The game naturally will not be a replacement for the real thing but it's a good substitution when you are sitting in the departure lounge of an airport or wherever else you have time to kill. Well, apart from a pool hall of course! ;)

tanalasta
06-27-2004, 01:02 PM
I would buy it if it were $5 :P I've still got that Handango voucher to use.

But I'd probably choose a golf game before a pool game. Then again, I have so many games and NONE of them are installed - don't really play them much. hehe... I prefer using my spare PPC time reading an ebook :D

blot
06-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Have you ever played any pool games on the computer, besides things like Yahoo! pool? I think almost any modern pool game on the computer lets you determine where you strike the cue ball with the cue. I beta tested Virtual Pool Mobile and I like it so much that I bought the full version when it came out. Not only can you determine "english", you can also determine the vertical angle at which you strike with the cue. I would say that the interface of the Pocket PC with the stylus is probably one of the most natural for playing pool! Seriously, if you haven't downloaded the trial version, do it!

delfuhd
06-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Virtual Pool Mobile is a sick pool game. It really is, the graphics, the gameplay. All of my friends, when they walk up and see me playing, they always say, "wow, this is actually a good looking game."

But I can't justify paying for it, so I just use the demo :)

mfa
07-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Virtual Pool Mobile is a sick pool game. It really is, the graphics, the gameplay....
Perhaps you meant to say "slick"?

memoreks
07-04-2004, 09:46 PM
It reminds me of Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker and Archer McClean's Pool on the amiga a looong time ago.

They were both great fun! But I am playing Age of Empires, SimCity 2000 and Darxide EMP at the moment, which is more than enough to be going on with.

TheWolfen
07-05-2004, 08:37 AM
I recently purchased Virtual Pool Mobile and I have to say it's just about the best game I've played on the PPC. I really never thought I'd like a pool game on a computer, especially on this platform, but after reading the review and trying the demo I was hooked.

Glisson
09-07-2004, 04:03 AM
I would like to find a PPC pool app that allows you to set up shots and try using different english. Also if you could save a shot so you could show it or try it again later without having to set it all up again. Does anyone know of a PPC game like that?

Glisson

SteveHoward999
09-07-2004, 05:07 AM

I agree, in addition, there just doesn't seem to be anything that a computer can substitute for the real feel and sounds of playing pool in reality. :wink:

You reslly need to try Virtual Pool. I was amazed, and instantly hooked by it. The physics engine is amazing. It's more real than I ever expected to see on a PPC

Steve

Darius Wey
09-07-2004, 11:54 AM
I used to play around with the PC version of this game years ago, and stopped for a while. This game resurrected my past virtual pool memories. :D

It really gets you in the mood to play the real thing!