View Full Version : Problem SD Card

Shaun Stuart
06-25-2004, 08:12 PM
I have a Kingston 512mb SD card. I have been using this card for some months to store files and programmes without issue until this week.

Yesterday I tried to access an MP3 file on my pocket PC but it has disappeared non of my mp3 or wmv files appeare. I checked using the file explorer and non of my files, folders or programmes appear. Instead there is a 0kb file which is called "ignore my docs". I deleted this hoping that it would clear the problem but no luck.

I have tried viewing the files on my desktop using a card reader - again none of the files appear but my the desktop tells me the card has 488mb memory in use so they must be there right ?

I have run the error check app on the card from my desktop and no problems are reported. I have also run a virus check and there are no issues.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

dean_shan
06-25-2004, 08:18 PM
Sounds like it became fragmented. Try using [url=http://www.cnetx.com/format/'Flash Format[/url] and see if you can repair the card. If that doesn't work then I think you're out of luck and you need to send the card back to the company.

JimPAQ
06-27-2004, 04:21 AM
My digital camera adds an "ignore my docs" file to my CF card when I put it in the camera and then back into the PDA. Hopefully not, but could you have put it in a camera and wiped out the card? I hope that's not the case, but...

--Jim

Steven Cedrone
06-27-2004, 04:53 AM
When you put a card in a Pocket PC that has no "My Documents" folder, the file in question is automatically created...

Steve