View Full Version : Im having a large problem with my pocketpc and the internet....

ultraman982
06-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Ok...im very new to PPC..I just got mine 2 days ago...i got an A620...and a wifi card (symbol wireless networker)...i set it all up and it worked great...then this morning i try to go on pocket internet explorer....and i get an error message...it says "cannot find webpage"..now...i thought maybe i typed the URL in wrong..so i did yahoo...google...ign...any site i could think of..and it couldnt find anything...yet i was getting full bars and signal strength was excellent...im wondering what happend...i uninstalled and reinstalled..still the same message..something i noticed which was kind of akward...was those little arrows on the top pointing at each other..theres like an "X" there with the arrows...i dont know what that means..but ANY help would be much appreciated...

Stik
06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
ultraman982,

Since the Symbol and Socket WiFi card are basically the same w/ just some minor software differences, maybe this help guide can get you up and running...

http://nh2.nohold.net/noHoldCust26/Prod_3/Articles59569/pocket_ie_not_working.htm

JimPAQ
06-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Well the X and arrows at the top means you’re not connected to the network. You may want to try a soft reset. I have a Netgear CF WiFi card, and when I install the drivers for the first time and set up the WEP keys and such, it works great. Until I take the card out and put it back in. Then it stops working until I do a soft reset one time. After that, it works great from then on out.

--Jim