View Full Version : Quik Noobie Inquiry

DiGiTYZED
06-24-2004, 03:53 PM
I plug up my PPC device at home and work. Home using Standard Partnership (which is automatic when I cradle it). At work I only need Guest Partnership, but it doesn't set it automatically (it's annoying me to repeatedly set it).

How do I set it up so that I'm automatically establishing a Guest Partnership with ActiveSync at work?

TIA

Steven Cedrone
06-24-2004, 04:26 PM
At the bottom of this page, (http://www.cewindows.net/applications/undocumentedactivesync.htm) there is an option to "Download ActiveSyncKeys". This little application will allow you to force a guest connection every time!

Steve

DiGiTYZED
06-24-2004, 09:39 PM
damn, i was hoping it was a setting i had to turn on/off in ActiveSync. i'll pass on hacks or 3rd party proggies.

thanx anyway

Sven Johannsen
06-25-2004, 02:50 AM
That third party thing is free. All it does is create and set or reset a registry key that will default to guest or not. I've used it to keep from having to wade through the partnership stuff when working with my Wife's PPC on my desktop.

Steven Cedrone
06-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Well, the applet comes in handy, I use it at work so that I can install apps but not sync with Outlook. It works flawlessly! Just "set it and forget it" (where have I heard that before :wink: )

Steve

JimPAQ
06-27-2004, 04:09 AM
Question, can't you just set up a partnership at work that doesn't sync any thing? I have my primary partnership at work which syncs e-mail, contacts, and such. At home I have another partnership which syncs only Microsoft Money. But I think I could have easily said not to sync anything at home, and would effectively have what you want. I would be able to install program, but would not sync any data.

--Jim

DiGiTYZED
06-28-2004, 04:45 PM
Question, can't you just set up a partnership at work that doesn't sync any thing? I have my primary partnership at work which syncs e-mail, contacts, and such. At home I have another partnership which syncs only Microsoft Money. But I think I could have easily said not to sync anything at home, and would effectively have what you want. I would be able to install program, but would not sync any data.

--Jim

Oh yeah, that's true Jim. I'll do that. Thanks!

Brad Adrian
06-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Question, can't you just set up a partnership at work that doesn't sync any thing?

Good point. That way you don't have to keep selecting "guest" each time you connect. And, in the event that you find something that you DO want to synch (like third-party apps such as photo albums or documents from your desktop) you'll be all set.