View Full Version : Yippee Back in IT !!!

jbachandouris
06-22-2004, 09:33 PM
:D After almost 2 years of NO computer-related work, I was able to start again as a 'break-fix' tech. I know, that's really not 'IT', but it sure beats working in termite control! Today, I only had one service call, but they promise more tomorrow. I should hope so since I am paid by the call and I believe the compensation is fair.

Janak Parekh
06-22-2004, 09:51 PM
You know, I wouldn't typically say "Yippee" to being back in IT, but yeah, I think it beats termite control. :lol:

Congratulations!

--janak

jbachandouris
06-22-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks.

PR.
06-22-2004, 10:48 PM
I give it 5 days before you start questioning whether the termites are more intelligent than the users :lol:

Good luck!

jbachandouris
06-22-2004, 10:58 PM
But you see, the beauty of 'break-fix' is you just change the part and leave. There is no software troubleshooting whatsoever, that is done by the vendor.

Jason Dunn
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
But you see, the beauty of 'break-fix' is you just change the part and leave. There is no software troubleshooting whatsoever, that is done by the vendor.

Yeah, but the first time you see a slice of cheese in the CD-ROM drive tray, you'll understand what the other comment meant. :lol:

juni
06-23-2004, 06:42 AM
I wonder what it would be like to leave IT and take up something soothing instead, like gardening...

I might run into the termites though :D

wocket
06-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but the first time you see a slice of cheese in the CD-ROM drive tray, you'll understand what the other comment meant. :lol:

Funny I had to remove chewing gum from a CD-ROM tray the other day.

It was'nt on my list of why CD-ROM trays don't eject :D

maximus
06-24-2004, 02:39 AM
I work as a Banking Operation/IT auditor ... and believe me I have been trying really hard to remove those "I" and "T" characters from my business card =)

Bankng operaon audor ...

Kacey Green
06-24-2004, 04:07 AM
congrats

Jon Westfall
06-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Congratulations

jbachandouris
06-27-2004, 12:28 AM

I did break-fix for 5 months 2 years ago and never had any such experiences. Most were business customers.