View Full Version : PalmOne posts profits

mbranscum
06-22-2004, 02:22 PM
http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/347-1.htm

billbuckner
06-22-2004, 11:24 PM
One of my pet peeves, people posting stories without commenting or even summerizing them. :?

mbranscum
06-22-2004, 11:45 PM
I think the topic description is enough. What's your problem? :roll:

This is a general area and I felt this would be of interest. Sorry to offend you.

ignar
06-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Palm stock rose $7.90 today and closed at $29.36. That's 36.81% jump in one day. I should have bought Palm stock when it was around $4. :wink:

Vidge
06-23-2004, 01:04 AM
I should have bought Palm stock when it was around $4. :wink:

You and me both!

milkman dan
06-23-2004, 01:31 AM
even if it meant I would be rich, I would rather set fire to a church then support palm :( I really really hate palm, soe of those snazzy clie's would be SOOOO great if they had ppc instead of palm

c38b2
06-23-2004, 01:37 AM
What is your axe to grind against Palm?

dh
06-23-2004, 01:45 AM
even if it meant I would be rich, I would rather set fire to a church then support palm :( I really really hate palm, soe of those snazzy clie's would be SOOOO great if they had ppc instead of palm
I really don't see any reason to hate Palm. I used a Palm Vx for ages and it was a great little organiser. The built-in PIM apps were (probably still are) better than Pocket Outlook and syncing with a Windows PC works better than Active Sync.

With the help of the Palm modem - bigger than the Vx - I could check my e-mail from anywhere there was a phone.

I wouldn't buy any of the current models, apart from possibly a Treo 600, but I think they have some good features.

As a company, I don't love pa1mOne or PalmSource, but I don't hate them either. Come to that I don't like Microsoft too much, but I use a lot of their products.

mboonyap
06-24-2004, 03:10 AM
:twisted:
What's with all the constant updates for the pocket pc models? even updates require more updates! But then again that's typical of microsoft...Ever since i switched from my toshiba e800 (OOH VGA...too bad i can't use 80 percent of my programs!! rofl) to my tungsten T3, i've been much happier. Streamlined syncing, no crashes or slowdown, excellent multimedia (go pocket tunes!), slick performance...as a medical student my pocket pc kept on hanging on me when i tried to open programs...that happens NO MORE.
Face it, Pocket PC sucks!

Ipaq 3955-->Toshiba e805-->Tungsten T3

Steven Cedrone
06-24-2004, 04:28 AM
:twisted:
What's with all the constant updates for the pockjt pc models? even updates require more updats! Ever sice i switched from my toshiba e800 to my tungsten T3, i've been much happier. Streamlined syncing, no crashes or slowdown, excellent multimedia (go pocket tunes!), slick perfrformance...as a medical student my pocket pc kept on hanging on me when i tried to open programs...that happens NO MORE.
Face it, Pocket PC sucks!

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/troll.jpg

Steve

ignar
06-24-2004, 04:33 AM
:way to go: