View Full Version : Refurbs OK?

baker
06-21-2004, 07:20 PM
My e310 decided to turn itself on every few minutes and kept doing so continuously. Toshiba tells me the repair will be $110.00. I can't see spending that. I can't go the new route as I have five mouths to feed other than my own. Any suggestions on where to find a refurbished device from a reliable seller/company. Other suggestions? I'd really like to have 64 meg instead of 32. SD is a must. BT would be nice for GPS (some day I hope to get it). WiFi would be nice since we have it at home. I'd like to do something fairly quick as I'm lost without the rascal.

powder2000
06-21-2004, 07:29 PM
http://www.shopping.hp.com

Go to the refurbished link. Who better to buy from then the manufacturer/brand. I got a refurb ipaq back when compaq made the ipaq and it looked and worked brand new. It also came with a warranty. Dell also has an outlet.

Perk
06-21-2004, 08:08 PM
I bought my son a refurbished H1910 from hpshopping.com and it was in flawless condition. Works great too.

The only thing is that you can't buy hp's "Carepaq" which is 3 years of next business day replacement for your PPC if you run into any problem except abuse. This would have covered your problem if it was the right brand. Maybe Toshiba has such a program.

Mike

GoldKey
06-21-2004, 08:34 PM
You can get a new Dell for $199.

baker
06-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks. Wow. I see the new dells at a great price. Believe it or not, I spoke with my wife about the diagnosis of my little device. She said, "Don't fix it, buy you a newer one. You use the thing so much." :mrgreen: How have the X30's been doing?

milkman dan
06-22-2004, 09:38 AM
ARE YOU SELLING YOUR PDA? If soo, I can pick up a dead 740 for well under 30US, and all you have to do is slap the screen from teh e310 in the 740 and you have a new pda

Myrddin
06-22-2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks. Wow. I see the new dells at a great price. Believe it or not, I spoke with my wife about the diagnosis of my little device. She said, "Don't fix it, buy you a newer one. You use the thing so much." :mrgreen: How have the X30's been doing?

Seems only much good to be said of the X30's.

milkman dan
06-22-2004, 01:13 PM
I was looking at the x30's mainly for the CPU, but the buttons on it are apparently useless for gaming, which is the only reason I could see for a 624MHz organizer :cry: I am also dissapointed that it only has a 950 mAh battery >:| I think I am going to hold off for the next gen vga pdas with a PROPERLY WORKING GAPI. I am staying the heck away from anything that has second edition untill I hear that the gapi problem is fixed!

baker
06-22-2004, 02:24 PM
MilkmanDan,
Appreciate the idea. If you'd like to have my e310, I also have two cradles, two power supplies and one sync cable. I'm not wanting another Toshiba. Reliability hasn't been that good and the service has been poor.

baker
06-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Powder2000,
Thanks for the suggestion. Turns out that the company I work for has one of those employee purchase plan deals with HP and I have one on the way.