View Full Version : Where can I download holiday info for calender

thepro8
06-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I want to know if there is some file I can download that will add in holiday dates into either my Ipaq or outlook. Is there anything out there?

Steven Cedrone
06-21-2004, 02:44 PM
In Outlook...

Go to "Tools", "Options", "Calendar Options", "Add Holidays"...

Steve

rhmorrison
06-21-2004, 04:07 PM
You can download the holidays for 2004 and 2005 from here (http://www.calendar-updates.com/timezones/zone07/usholidays.htm).

lindykid
09-05-2004, 05:29 AM
You guys rock! Thanks! :)

uzetaab
09-06-2004, 05:13 PM
I tried both of these options but it didn't help me.

I have outlook 2000 on my PC I haven't bought my PPC yet. I decided to start entering the info that I want on my PPC into 2000 now, & sync later.
I did the 'add holidays in settings' but nothing seemed to happen.

So I went to the web site only to find that it is for the USA only. Being Australian that's pretty useless.

Next I did some digging & here is what I found out:
Outlook 2000 only lists upto the year 2002. So the holidays were indeed added, I just wasn't looking back far enough. Microsoft has put out a patch that works upto 2007, but apparently there are some mistakes. I got all this info from here: http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm

So I downloaded the patch & installed it.
Then I went to the workforce relations part of my state govt's website & compared the listing.
Made the changes I needed
& added the holidays in settings again. Perfect results.
It's very important to make the changes before adding the settings, cause if you do it twice, your listings get doubled.

If anyone wants my changes to add to their own outlook file, just email me. I've only bothered to do QLD & NSW (I'm in one, family in the other). But if you live in another state, you wouldn't have to make many changes & it's just a .txt file, so it's easy. Will work with any version of outlook, you'd just need to change the file name or cut & paste the text.

My email: pit(underscore)fiend(at)optusnet(dot)com(dot)au
That should keep the spam bots from finding my email addy