View Full Version : Bluetooth Mouse

Chucky
06-19-2004, 02:49 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows whether it would be possible to write a driver for a bluetooth mouse designed for a desktop PC so that it would work on the Pocket PC?

I don't know too much about Bluetooth, but Bluetooth has a set of standard profiles right? One of these standard profiles would likely either be a specific mouse profile or a generic input profile, so assuming the mouse and the Pocket PC both have the same profile it should be at least possible?

I like challenges and would like to give writing a driver a try, however there isn't much point if its going to be impossible. So yeah, anyone know if its possible and more to the point if it is possible is there maybe open source Bluetooth mouse drivers for something like Linux so that I could at least have a starting point.

Kowalski
06-19-2004, 08:52 AM
BT is realy hard to implement.
in theory this could be done, but i dont expect any independent developer can do this just for fun.

Chucky
06-19-2004, 10:48 AM
Well I read an article by someone who did exactly the same thing as I am trying to do, except for Linux.

I think the main problem that I am going to have is getting access to the Pocket PC Bluetooth API. Widcomm sell it for something like $1300! and well if thats what I need to implement mouse functionality then yeah that is a bit out of my reach ;)