View Full Version : Is tom tom navigator 3 the best pda /gps

dutyhero
06-18-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm looking at buying (recieving from very generous girlfriend for birthday) Tom tom navigator 3 . What i would like to know is - Is this the best for my 2210 , what i need , are there better on the market (UK)and preferably a link to a site . And some review's if poss

mclark
06-18-2004, 08:19 PM
Check out www.gpspassion.com

I found this site when searching for GPS questions, and I'd imagine that their forums can help you out. They cover everything GPS.

Specifically for your question, though, this forum should get you started:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9

JimPAQ
06-18-2004, 09:07 PM
I use VITO Navigator for Geocaching and it works good. For road trips I use Pocket Streets with Pharos CF GPS.

--Jim

Kash76
06-18-2004, 11:18 PM
I am using Mapopolis and the RoyalTek BlueGPS that GPSPassion.com recommends for BT GPS.

I'm very happy with the combo!!

Jonathon Watkins
06-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Nice. I've been looking around for a decent GPS receiver when the time is right. Always good to have recommendations. :)

Kash76
06-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Nice. I've been looking around for a decent GPS receiver when the time is right. Always good to have recommendations. :)

The Earthmate.com BlueLogger looks like a good deal also. $150 for BT unit and some software!

Andy Whiteford
06-20-2004, 10:59 AM
I use Navigator 3 as my GPS of choice although I have always used TomTom products so grew up with the Navigator range. While not perfect (what is?), it is a very good solution for my needs and the support is good.
I only use their software though, I have a different Bluetooth GPS unit that I bought for a great price off Ebay and it works like a dream. I would certainly recommend their products to others but I don't have a great deal of experience with the competition.

dutyhero
06-20-2004, 10:22 PM
So i have 2 choices to make !
1. The Gps reciever
2. And the software
I was quite unaware of this . Though Tomtom is looking good for the whole package at the mo. Thanks all for your reviews

_4saken_
06-22-2004, 04:07 AM
navigon mobile navigator 4 with the appropriate gps mouse that has tmc enabled is also pretty cool. it dynamicly reroutes you around traffic jam's and can save alot of time there.