View Full Version : Help heyday decide - Want to switch to PPC Phone - 3G - Qwest - GSM HELP!

heyday
06-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Ok,

Yesterday I received a letter from Qwest Wireless saying,

"Guess what. We are switching our network so you have to get a new plan and new phone." In reading the material it says we are now offering "Enhanced 3G data network"

So I'm like cool. So since I have get a new phone why don't I investigate into a PPC Phone. For years I've been worn my trusy PPC and cell phone on my belt. I really look like a major nerd but who cares. Maybe it is time to switch..... but I think I want to wait till that new HP PPC Phone comes out. Anyways...

I'm trying to make the decision who to go with.

Does anyone know much about this 3G stuff? I thought I read it is supposed to be pretty fast. Qwest doesn't offer any PPC Phones though.

I called Qwest to ask them about it. When I asked the guy on the phone, "Do you have any Pocket PC phones or Windows Mobile enable phones? he said, "Oh those are blue tooth phones. We don't have those." Obviously he doesn't know what I'm talking about.

So I've looked at some of the plans for ATT Wirless and the look pretty good.

Anyone have any recomendations on who to go with if you want to use a PPC Phone?

heyday

PresBry
06-17-2004, 07:08 PM
I'd go with T-Mobile.

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Anyone have any recomendations on who to go with if you want to use a PPC Phone?
I'd start by choosing a carrier that has good coverage in my area, and then looking for a phone that works with that carrier. For me, that means Verizon and the i700. If all of them work equally, T-Mobile will give you the cheapest data rates, although they don't have the newest Pocket PC Phones yet.

--janak