View Full Version : What the Zune Got Right

Aaron Roma
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.billville.org/wp/?p=997' target='_blank'>http://www.billville.org/wp/?p=997</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>&quot;I have read some crazy stuff in reviews for the Zune (like taking a hit for not offering engraving), and a lot of the griping seems to amount to &ldquo;It&rsquo;s not an iPod.&rdquo; Here are ten things you don&rsquo;t see mentioned frequently enough in reviews, which I think are some of the greatest points about the zune. Read on and imagine me morphing into a big geek the further along I get.&quot;</em></p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Here's a nice top 10 list of features the Zune did right. I agree with most of this list, especially the screen, FM tuner, customizable interface, and Zune pass. Some of the items on the list, especially Wi-Fi, is a little questionable. Sure, it&rsquo;s a great idea, just not realized yet. If I could already sync wirelessly, sure, it would be right there on the list. One feature I found missing on the list that I would have included is Zune's durable finish. What are your favorite Zune features?</p>

Jason Dunn
01-19-2007, 07:29 PM
The durable finish is definitely one of my favourite features - I don't feel like I have to "baby" the Zune much. Though I still like my Vaja case. :D

williamc
01-19-2007, 07:39 PM
The finish is a nice aspect -- another small feature done right. Surprisingly, one of the things I regret, now that I've had some quality zune time, is not having gone with the brown model. Instead I got white, which is slick, but I wish now I had the official brand identity color.

Thanks for the link.

NPrtmn4evr
01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
The durable finish is definitely one of my favourite features - I don't feel like I have to "baby" the Zune much. Though I still like my Vaja case. :D

I like the finish too. The durability is the 2nd best feature of the Zune for me (1st being the screen). And hopefully I'll be enjoying a Vaja case soon too if I'm selected to win one from the constest *nudge, nudge* ;)

Surprisingly, one of the things I regret, now that I've had some quality zune time, is not having gone with the brown model. Instead I got white, which is slick, but I wish now I had the official brand identity color.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I have the brown Zune, and sometimes I wish that I had either the black or white Zune. They look much slicker to me. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side:cool: