View Full Version : an SD card which is compatible with toshiba e310?

jeanius
06-17-2004, 11:15 AM
hi everyone, having experience problems trying to use my SD card with my e310 (lots of freezing etc) i was wondering if anyone knows of an SD brand which is compatible with the e310? do toshiba make SD cards?
thanks

tanalasta
06-17-2004, 03:02 PM
What brand of SD card are you using? I'm using the toshi e310 and it's meant to be compatible with almost all SD cards. The freezing you are experiencing may not be due to the card but a program on your device. Are there any programs trying to access the card? And under what circumstances does it tend to freeze?

Panasonic branded cards work very well with the toshi e310. Toshiba cards tend to be rebranded sandisks or use similar chipsets. Use them at your own risk.[/i]

baker
06-17-2004, 05:25 PM
I've used Viking and Lexar. I think the Lexars are fast, but maybe that's just my perception. Soft Reset and see if it still hangs? Is it just taking a while to load a program from the SD card? Maybe the card needs some help and be reformatted?

Fishie
06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah Toshiba makes SD cards, they are often sold under different brands though.

jeanius
06-18-2004, 04:25 AM
the card i'm using doesnt seem to have a brand... it just says 256mb and SD card on the label. perhaps its a bit dodgy coz its a generic no-brand card?

anyway i think its definitely a card problem, coz as soon as i insert the card i notice freezing and general slowness, regardless of what programs i try and access.

what would be the best brand of SD card to get? and whats the going rate for them these days? (in U.S. or AUS dollars?)

thanks!

ps. what is reformatting and how do you do it?

Fishie
06-18-2004, 06:48 AM
You can reformat trough a digital camera or with a PC if you have a card reader, if you do just plug it in and you can handle it like you would a hard drive(it will show up on xp as a removeable storage/hard drive and will assigned the next letter in the alphabet from your regular hard drive/storage hardware)

Janak Parekh
06-20-2004, 06:24 AM
the card i'm using doesnt seem to have a brand... it just says 256mb and SD card on the label. perhaps its a bit dodgy coz its a generic no-brand card?
Definitely possible.

what would be the best brand of SD card to get? and whats the going rate for them these days? (in U.S. or AUS dollars?)
I think Panasonic gets the highest marks. Sandisk is a bit unpredictable -- some people have no problems with it, others have lots of problems. Other brands fall somewhere in the middle.

--janak