View Full Version : copying docs into PPC without conversion

gsim
06-13-2004, 10:05 PM
Is there any way to copy word documents from my PC to PPC without the file being coverted to pcoket word format? I am looking to use my ppc to transfer files from my work PC to my home PC.

dean_shan
06-13-2004, 10:12 PM
I think in Active Sync you can set what extentions convert to a PPC version. Another way is if your PPC is network enabled you just connect to your PC over the net work and copy the file using File Explorer. When done that way there is no file conversion.

Jeff Rutledge
06-13-2004, 10:23 PM
Dean is correct. I ActiveSync, click Tools, Options, then click on the Rules tab. Click the Conversion Settings button, then the Destop to Device tab. From there you can set the settings for each file extension. For Word files, you may want to change .dot and .rtf in addition to .doc.

HTH.

PR.
06-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Right click and drag files to the PPC and select Copy here, instead Convert and copy here

Pony99CA
06-14-2004, 11:29 AM
Is there any way to copy word documents from my PC to PPC without the file being coverted to pcoket word format? I am looking to use my ppc to transfer files from my work PC to my home PC.
There might be a simpler (and probably faster) way if you have a memory card and memory card readers on both PCs. Just take the memory card out of your Pocket PC, put it in the card reader on your work PC, copy the file to the card and put the card back in your Pocket PC.

When you get home, take the card out of the Pocket PC, pop it in the memory reader on your home PC and copy it where you want it.

Basically, the Pocket PC is a very expensive memory card case. :-D It should be faster than copying through ActiveSync, too.

Steve

Kowalski
06-14-2004, 07:59 PM
in the case i compress the file with self extracting option. this also helps to shave the transfer time