View Full Version : Pocket Pc Screen Repair for Toshiba

WeezerFanJeffrey
06-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello. I have a Toshiba e355 that (somehow) got a scratch on the screen. Now Im not obsessive compulsive, but pretty close, so I would like to get this repaired and buy some screen protectors to keep it unscratched.

UNFORTUNATELY, I cant find a single place that will repair Toshiba touchscreens. Any body know of one?

Thanks

arnage2
06-14-2004, 02:03 AM
i have heard of guys using eyeglass scratch solvent to repair scratched pda screens. try that, it will be cheaper than a new lcd

milkman dan
06-14-2004, 07:21 AM
when I first read this I thought you were goign to be looking for a replacement LCD, which cost more than the unit's cost :D

Pony99CA
06-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Hello. I have a Toshiba e355 that (somehow) got a scratch on the screen. Now Im not obsessive compulsive, but pretty close, so I would like to get this repaired and buy some screen protectors to keep it unscratched.

UNFORTUNATELY, I cant find a single place that will repair Toshiba touchscreens. Any body know of one?
Look at the Service and Upgrades section (http://links.svpocketpc.com#LINKS_SERVICE) of my Web site for some companies that might do it. None of them seem to support Toshiba, but I'd call them and ask. Maybe they'd be willing to try.

If all else fails, try contacting Toshiba directly and asking them about repairs.

Steve

milkman dan
06-14-2004, 11:47 AM
toshiba is one of the companys that refuses to sell parts, they will only sell the part if they install it themselvs. Toshiba has to be THE WORST company I have delt with sofar for warranty. I bought a tosh laptop 2 years ago, and teh feet for it fell right off. since there were no feet, the lapyop would overheat like mad (it was one of the first laptops with a geforce go, which gets really toasty). customer service was absolutly useless, sayingf I physically damaged the laptop, and it was now void from warranty. the feet were little rubber STICKERS, kinda like the rubber feet you stuck underneath the motherboard of a 386. Honestly, that laptop was and is one of the biggest peice of **** laptops I have ever seen. Toshiba stoped makign quality laptops back when they finished the tectra 440's. Anything after that is junk. even the protige line is garbage now >:| the only good laptops being built anymore are IBM's. if there is one thing I have to give IBM, its that they have well built laptops. Acer supprisingly is my second choice, they have A+++ warranty service

WeezerFanJeffrey
06-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Ill try the eyeglass solvent, but I think the blemish is too big. I dont know how it happened, just one day ... poof... so it may not be as easy to remove as I thought.

milkman dan
06-14-2004, 10:59 PM
here is an odd suggestion, one that could prove compleatly fruitless, but.... Autoglass centers. They can fill in gouges in glass, maybe they can do the same to plastic? Probably not though. Your other choice, is picking up those screen protectors that fill in the gaps underneath them so you can't see the scratches

WeezerFanJeffrey
06-15-2004, 09:51 PM
Wow, I have never seen those screen protectors. Do you have a link?

LWesson
06-16-2004, 12:14 AM
Wow, I have never seen those screen protectors. Do you have a link?

As long as the scratch is not too deep, our WriteSHIELD premium screen protector will cover it.

http://www.pocketpctechs.com/ws.asp

Don't forget to put THOUGHTS in the special instructions field for the 10% discount.