View Full Version : Why do I have to soft reset before I can Syncronize my Toshiba e755

edwindiaz2
06-12-2004, 07:33 PM
Why do I have to soft reset before I can Syncronize my Toshiba e755?

If I soft reset my Toshiba e755 PDA, and place it on the docking station, it syncronizes as expected. If I leave it on the dockiing station and make changes to the data in Outlook, like add a task or make a change in the Calendar, Task or anything else, the device does not syncronize.

The icon on the task bar displays as if it were turning like it usually does when it is syncronizing but it never stops and it never does syncronize that last piece of data or change. If I remove the PDA from the docking station, press the soft reset and place the PDA back on the docking station, the PDA syncronizes just fine as you would expect but just for that one moment.

I performed a hard reset on the unit last night. With having only loaded my data and no programs, it still did it but not as bad.

Can anybody help!

Steven Cedrone
06-13-2004, 05:02 AM
What version of ActiveSync are you using?

Steve

edwindiaz2
06-13-2004, 06:57 AM
I am running ActiveSync 3.7.1, build 3244.

gamtab
06-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi
I had a problem like this with my E800...turned out that the problem was acosiated with my virus scanner... here's a copy of an email toshiba tech support sent me....

Dear Sir: The most likely cause of this is because either you updated manually or your virus scanner Auto updated your Virus definitions. When the update occurred it changed your settings
in the Firewall which is included in MCCaffee and Norton(symantec). None of the other changes was needed most likely. If you have reloaded active sync under these conditions you now have a bad install of active sync as it would not reinstall correctly with the firewall and the virus scanner script blocking running. I am telling you this as many people do this when this starts to happen. If you have to reinstall the active sync remember to shut off the firewall and the script blocking this must be done by going deep into the program you cannot disable the program from the front by the basic disable. You must find both places usually under manual scan and Auto-protect in Norton. Then lower the level of the firewall from default or higher to lower level and shut off the heuristics and click OK at the bottom of the page. This is a general methodology as there are many versions of Norton and MCCaffee although it has two places similarly they are not the same.
After you do the removal in the control panel Please also then delete the active sync folder from C:\program Files\Microsoft Active sync to the recycle bin and empty the recycle bin. Cold start the computer then do not use reset. You can the reinstall active sync from the disc If you have not touched the Active sync during the problem period simply follow the basic instructions for shutting off the firewall and try to sync. I am sorry If I cannot give a written breakdown for all software versions but that would be impossible.