View Full Version : HP upgrade path to 2003SE?

serpico
06-12-2004, 07:44 AM
I almost picked up a h4150 tonight, but wasn't sure if HP would be offering the update to customers for 2003SE. Does anyone know the status of this or if it is possible to do? It doesn't seem to be alot of differences with the new OS, so it should work. :?:

Pony99CA
06-12-2004, 10:04 AM
I almost picked up a h4150 tonight, but wasn't sure if HP would be offering the update to customers for 2003SE. Does anyone know the status of this or if it is possible to do? It doesn't seem to be alot of differences with the new OS, so it should work. :?:
HP's WM 2K3 SE upgrade policy has been discussed in several threads recently. I suggest searching for details.

The current status, to the best of my knowledge, is that HP hasn't announced any upgrades. There shouldn't be any technical reason to prevent an upgrade for the 4150, but HP has to decide to create one.

My feeling is that HP will provide one for the iPAQ 2200s, 4000s, 5100s and 5500s. They will probably announce the upgrade policy after they announce their new Pocket PCs, rumored to be coming in July. After that, it will probably be 2-3 months before you can actually get an upgrade.

Steve

serpico
06-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Thank you. I tried a search on the model number and got many returns that didn't match my question. So I thought I would ask and get the bashing! :lol: