View Full Version : Infosync World Review Dell Axim X30

Jonathon Watkins
06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5015.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5015.html</a><br /><br /></div>Infosync World have had a close look at the new Dell Axim X30 in a decent 2 page review. They conclude:<br /><br /><i>"Model confusion aside, buyers opting for Dell's high-end version of the Axim X30 are in for a treat. This handheld offers great connectivity options, a clean design, and some nice bonuses for a very good price. The downsides include the clumsy Wi-Fi configuration, clumsy screen rotation implementation, an anemic speaker, and a casing more boxy than stylish with a few rough edges. Wireless buffs, however, should appreciate the available options, especially at the total price of dirt cheap."</i><br /><br />Yup, can't beat the price. I like the line in review where they say that Dell came late to the Windows Mobile party, but fashionably so. Very droll. Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:

fgarcia10
06-11-2004, 12:46 AM
I could not resist the temptation anymore and ordered one today. Now the waiting game, please Dell don't make me wait too long :roll:

serpico
06-11-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm tempted too. I started a thread in the Palm > PocketPC category asking for help from the forum in helping me choose. It seems people like to view, but not respond. I understand, I'm not the first and not the last to ask the same old questions. Other sites I usually skip answering thinking someone else (with more time) will answer.

I think after doing my own research the Dell is the best and even at $442 CDN on Dell's site, it's still a good deal compared to the high priced models from HP and Toshiba at local retail stores. I'll go over to infosync as well and read their review.

I just don't know what to expect moving from Palm to PocketPC. When I tried it was on a Philips Nino 300 and WindowsCE, and I didn't like it. I think that's what stopping me from buying a PocketPC quick now. I don't want to turn this into a different thread, so please respond to my original thread in the other category, Palm to PocketPC. Thanks.

arnage2
06-11-2004, 04:48 AM
the x30 was one of the best pda purchases ive made. Its so small and light, with so so much power

Duncan
06-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:

It's funny you should say that - there is apparently a prototype of a VGA Dell doing the rounds of some companies right now (no - I know nothing more than that, having only had it mentioned in passing by someone giving me Loox info...)

foldedspace
06-11-2004, 02:08 PM
If it had a CF slot, it would have already burned a hole in my pocket...

Jonathon Watkins
06-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:

It's funny you should say that - there is apparently a prototype of a VGA Dell doing the rounds of some companies right now (no - I know nothing more than that, having only had it mentioned in passing by someone giving me Loox info...)

Hmmmm, I had a hunch.... :wink:

Still, I would very much hesitate over getting another Dell after the 'support' they are offering re: a PPC2003SE upgrade for the X5. :?