View Full Version : Calendar software

taylorantone
06-10-2004, 07:56 PM
While our company president has a brand new Blackberry, he insists on keeping his old Visor Deluxe rather than upgrade to a PPC because of ONE feature: the 7-day calendar view on the Palm OS that shows all 7 days on the screen at once with as many of the appts for each day that will fit.

The rest of our company has upgraded to the PPC & mNotes (for Lotus Notes 6 sync). I REALLY want to upgrade him as well, but he'll never go for it until I can find some way to get the PPC calendar to show a view like his Palm.

I've searched and can only find stuff that displays anywhere from 1 to 30 days on the Today screen. If that's the best there is to go to him with, then we'll see what happens. But if I could get that same 7-day view on the PPC, he's already said he'd upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Pat Logsdon
06-10-2004, 08:11 PM
You want Pocket Informant. (http://www.handango.com/brainstore//PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&jid=DB33B22311947FXBD89F14BF83E97AC4&platformId=2&productType=2&productId=10226&sectionId=0&catalog=30) It's a piece of cake to get a 7 day view. Here's my calendar for next week:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/media/users/5229/capture.gif

Is that what you're looking for?

Lex
06-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Agenda Fusion does the same thing just as well.

You owe it to yourself to try both as they are very close competitors. They have nearly identical features.

www.developerone.com

bridgecrosser
06-10-2004, 08:41 PM
I have both and I really find that Pocket Informant is a fantastic product for what he's looking for and for what he doesn't even realise he needs yet!

taylorantone
06-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Pocket Informant!! Holy cow!!! I have a PPC and have always just used whatever came with it (except for PocketPlus and Resco Explorer/Registry Editor, oh and HanDbase). I may have to get a copy of this for myself!!

Thanks to all of you who replied. The pres will be VERY happy and, now that I can get all of our company on PPC's, so will I!

jeanius
06-11-2004, 04:41 AM
i'm looking for something like this too, although i'd prefer an agenda which displayed the 7 days horizontally, similar to like in a normal diary/filofax. is this an option with the agenda fusion software?

jimski
06-11-2004, 05:35 AM
i'm looking for something like this too, although i'd prefer an agenda which displayed the 7 days horizontally, similar to like in a normal diary/filofax. is this an option with the agenda fusion software?

Yes, Agenda Fusion has an Agenda view that will display all of your appointments by day, across the screen. And you can even color code them by category.

jimski
06-11-2004, 05:41 AM
While our company president has a brand new Blackberry, he insists on keeping his old Visor Deluxe rather than upgrade to a PPC because of ONE feature: the 7-day calendar view on the Palm OS that shows all 7 days on the screen at once with as many of the appts for each day that will fit......I've searched and can only find stuff that displays anywhere from 1 to 30 days on the Today screen.

Aside from Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion, you might also want to consider Quick Agenda (ScaryBear Software) for the Today screen. You can display up to 7 days of appointments and view as few as 4 lines or as many as 20. I only show 5 lines for the next 4 days of appointments (requires some scrolling) as my Today screen real-estate is very valuable.