View Full Version : Network Adapter setting keeps switching back to "Work"

Sushifiend3000
06-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Up until yesterday I was enjoying wireless internet connectivity on my Axim X5 with PPC 2003 via a Linksys WCF12 802.11b CF card adapter on my wireless LAN at home. I'd start up the Axim, and after a few seconds it would find the signal and automatically connect. If not, I use Pocket Boingo to manually make the connection. Now, it sees my SSID but cannot connect.

One thing I've noticed that has changed is that, in the Configure Network Adapters dialog (Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wireless Ethernet), on the Network Adapters tab, the pulldown under "My network card connects to:" has Work selected. I'm pretty sure I had that set to "The Internet". When I change it back to The Internet and tap OK, then go back to that dialog, I find it has switched back to Work. I'm wondering why my selection won't stick, and whether that has anything to do with my recent inability to connect.

Pony99CA
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Up until yesterday I was enjoying wireless internet connectivity on my Axim X5 with PPC 2003 via a Linksys WCF12 802.11b CF card adapter on my wireless LAN at home. I'd start up the Axim, and after a few seconds it would find the signal and automatically connect. If not, I use Pocket Boingo to manually make the connection. Now, it sees my SSID but cannot connect.

One thing I've noticed that has changed is that, in the Configure Network Adapters dialog (Start > Settings > Connections tab > Wireless Ethernet), on the Network Adapters tab, the pulldown under "My network card connects to:" has Work selected. I'm pretty sure I had that set to "The Internet". When I change it back to The Internet and tap OK, then go back to that dialog, I find it has switched back to Work. I'm wondering why my selection won't stick, and whether that has anything to do with my recent inability to connect.
If you're connecting to a home network, I think you want to say the card connects to Work (in other words, a LAN). You also want to edit your location settings and set the Proxy Settings so that This network connects to the Internet is checked.

See if that works.

Steve