View Full Version : Need Some Help Choosing An Extended PIM

MLO
06-09-2004, 08:43 PM
And here's the main reason why.

I previewed both Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant for a couple of days and uninstalled both...deciding that I didn't need them at all, and it wasn't worth it to purchase the registration

Fast forward to several months and fifty million more job responsibilities later, and I'm looking at a Task list considerably more complex than it was. Also with several appointments that I probably need Journaling features for. Unfortunately, since I've already done the demo thing for both software packages, I'm looking at buying one or the other without a refresher course. Hence the request for help.

Here's what I need:

I currently have my outlook desktop tasks grouped by requester first and category second. That way, I can see who wanted what done for work and keep my personal tasks separate. I need a PIM that will do something similar on teh Pocket PC, so that I can view them in the same way

I have a couple of recurring appointments on my Calendar in which it would be helpful to keep some sort of centralized Journal/database thing on what occured during each one. I would need a PIM that could do that as well.

Here's what I don't care about:

Contacts. I don't really need to keep anything detailed (yet) on my contacts.

Email: I don't have to have an organized email inbox. It would be nice, but not necessary

So, of the two PIMs available, which would be better for me both in terms of cost and functionality...with a slight emphasis on cost. Or is there another PIM out there that would do the job just as easily and is free/very inexpensive?

Thanks in advance...

MLO

jimski
06-10-2004, 06:14 AM
I use AF and really like the tesk interface, but that's just my opinion. Looking at the Tasks screen the only fields you can group on are;
-Category
-Complete
-Date Complete
-Due Date
-Priority
-Sensitivity
-Start Date
-Subject
Sorting is limited to:
-Status
-Priority
-Subject
-Start Date
-DueDate

so I am afraid that you may be out of luck regarding your grouping scheme by "Requested By".

Have not played around with PI for quite some time so I can't comment on it's task functionality but I wonder of the "requested by" field is even available on the PPC.

MLO
06-10-2004, 04:15 PM
The "Requester" is a custom field that I created and defined in Outlook on the desktop. On the desktop, I have my tasks grouped by requestor...it helps me see who wanted what and when.

So, now I have the following question:

• Is there a way to import fields into PI or AF? This would greatly help my decision making process

If no, I probably need to think of a way to re-work my task list on the desktop so that it can be imported into either PIM.

MLO
06-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Anyone???

I promise, this will be my last PIM PI or AF question. I'll direct the rest to the forums of whichever product I buy.

Lex
06-14-2004, 01:32 AM
Off topic, I'll bet one person wrote all the reviews on Biz Org at their website, right?

The only other unmentioned PIM I see frequent comments about is 'Pocket Breeze'. Almost appeals to sophomoric body-function humor but I'll save that for later.

Pocket Breeze is at: http://www.sbsh.net/

I cannot verify if it would meet your detailed specific requirements.