View Full Version : OQO Article

Chingyul
06-09-2004, 08:16 PM
I know you've heard enough about it. I even remember that 12 page "discussion" you guys had a while back with that one "passionate" guy rambling on that it would come and replace PDAs.

Anyways, just today I grabbed a copy of the free tech magazine, Hub (www.hubcanada.com), and there was an article on it.
They say "ships Labour Day this year"....

Would be neat to see, but you all said vapour ware.
Lets see.

One interesting thing I read was how they'll have some circuitry built in so that if you just want to access pda functions, it can bypass XP. Maybe there is a PDA OS built in too..

Janak Parekh
06-19-2004, 05:23 AM
Would be neat to see, but you all said vapour ware.
Lets see.
I don't think any of us deny the unit is real at this point - although it hasn't hit production just yet. The problem wasn't that there was a potential of releasing such a device, but rather poor marketing forecasting release well before it could have been. OQO lost credibility with a lot of us. I'll be glad to see them succeed as I do any other company.

One interesting thing I read was how they'll have some circuitry built in so that if you just want to access pda functions, it can bypass XP. Maybe there is a PDA OS built in too..
Are you sure you're referring to the OQO? I believe the Vulcan Flipstart was the one that featured this - and we posted on it (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25912).

--janak