View Full Version : 2210 Do the Muvo microdrives still work?

spinedoc
06-08-2004, 03:56 PM
I am considering buying one of the Muvo2 units to use the 4gb hard drive, but am not sure if they still work in the ipaqs. I have heard different rumors of the card being soldered in or being unformattable. The scariest thing is that on many vendors, and creative's own product page they say: "Note: The hard drive in this player will not work with Compact Flash devices."

So is it safe to order a Muvo2 to use the microdrive in a 2210, or am I better off spending the extra $100 bucks and getting a "true" microdrive?

Pony99CA
06-08-2004, 06:12 PM
I am considering buying one of the Muvo2 units to use the 4gb hard drive, but am not sure if they still work in the ipaqs. I have heard different rumors of the card being soldered in or being unformattable. The scariest thing is that on many vendors, and creative's own product page they say: "Note: The hard drive in this player will not work with Compact Flash devices."

So is it safe to order a Muvo2 to use the microdrive in a 2210, or am I better off spending the extra $100 bucks and getting a "true" microdrive?
Maybe neither. :-D If the Muvo2 won't work, I've heard that the iPod Mini uses the 4GB MicroDrive, so maybe you could buy one of those.

The big question is, "Why didn't these companies allow the MicroDrive to be removable"? Maybe Hitachi wanted to preserve their profits on sales of Microdrives to individuals. :roll:

Steve

the-mang
06-09-2004, 01:01 PM
The iPod mini hard drives don't work outside of the mini....

Jeff the pianoguy
06-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I JUST PURCHASED A MUVO2 ON EBAY(SEALED NEW STOCK) AND TOOK THE CARD OUT AND AM USING IT IN MY ASUS 716 FLAWLESSLY. I DID A LOT OF READING, AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE MANUFACTURER IS PUTTING OUT QUITE A SMOKE SCREEN CONCERNING THE DRIVE! I ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE THE MUVO ON AN ONLINE STORE, THEY CALLED ME AND SAID THE PRODUCT HAD BEEN RECALLED DUE TO ERRORS IN THE DRIVE!! THE ERROR, IS THAT EVERYBODY IS BUYING THE MUVO AND RIPPING THE CARDS OUT TO SAVE MONEY! I'D SAY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CF2 SLOT AND GO FOR IT. I PAID $230(PLUS$20 SHIP) THE DRIVE REALLY DRAINS THE BATTERY IF YOUR TRYING SOMETHING HUGE LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE.

Trimac20
06-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Personally, I wouldn't risk it. Just spend the extra money, it'll give you piece of mind - if there's a problem with the microdrive you are covered by the warranty. Whereas if you just rip out the drive of the Muvo and stick it in your ipaq then...obviously you won't be covered.

Pony99CA
06-11-2004, 11:26 AM
I JUST PURCHASED A MUVO2 ON EBAY(SEALED NEW STOCK) AND TOOK THE CARD OUT AND AM USING IT IN MY ASUS 716 FLAWLESSLY. I DID A LOT OF READING, AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE MANUFACTURER IS PUTTING OUT QUITE A SMOKE SCREEN CONCERNING THE DRIVE! I ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE THE MUVO ON AN ONLINE STORE, THEY CALLED ME AND SAID THE PRODUCT HAD BEEN RECALLED DUE TO ERRORS IN THE DRIVE!! THE ERROR, IS THAT EVERYBODY IS BUYING THE MUVO AND RIPPING THE CARDS OUT TO SAVE MONEY! I'D SAY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CF2 SLOT AND GO FOR IT. I PAID $230(PLUS$20 SHIP) THE DRIVE REALLY DRAINS THE BATTERY IF YOUR TRYING SOMETHING HUGE LIKE WATCHING A MOVIE.
If you take the drive out and it doesn't work, is it possible to put the Muvo2 back together so that you at least have a 4 GB MP3 player?

Steve

P.S. There's really no reason to SHOUT AT US. (That means, please turn your CAPS LOCK off.)