View Full Version : Connecting to internet through Bluetooth dongle

Domino2five
06-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey there,

I just went out and bought myself a Belkin 100m Bluetooth dongle for my laptop so I can get email while I'm not at the desk. To my suprise I've to many misfortunes with setting up my iPAQ to connect to my email.

I can use ActiveSync via Bluetooth ok, but internet applications don't seem to want to work.

I currently have the dongle plugged into the back of my laptop which is then connected via Wi-Fi to a router and the router to an ADSL modem.

Does anyone happen to know a way that I might be able to connect to the internet from my PDA?

Cheers.

Pony99CA
06-08-2004, 05:52 PM
I just went out and bought myself a Belkin 100m Bluetooth dongle for my laptop so I can get email while I'm not at the desk. To my suprise I've to many misfortunes with setting up my iPAQ to connect to my email.
I haven't been able to get my Belkin Class 1 Bluetooth dongle to work reliably period on my Windows XP Home laptop. :grumble: I get license failures, Bluetooth stack failures, etc.

Belkin tech support tried to be helpful, but finally just said that I should use a different IRQ than IRQ 11 (which is the IRQ that most of my devices seem to use). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an easy way to change IRQs.

The dongle did seem to work properly in limited testing on my daughter's Windows ME laptop, but that doesn't really help me.

Steve

Domino2five
06-09-2004, 08:05 AM
mate, I had the same problem. To resolve it, all I did was removed all existing bluetooth software and drivers from my computer and downloaded the new "version 2" (?) drivers and software from the Belkin site.

It works great now, but I can't seem to get my internet working with it plus I can't enable ICS because I'm already on a wireless network that uses the IP address that ICS applies by default.

Pony99CA
06-09-2004, 02:55 PM
mate, I had the same problem. To resolve it, all I did was removed all existing bluetooth software and drivers from my computer and downloaded the new "version 2" (?) drivers and software from the Belkin site.
I downloaded the latest Bluetooth drivers that I found on their site, but I think they were the same ones as on the CD. If you have a link to new drivers, I'd like to try them.

Steve

Domino2five
06-10-2004, 06:26 AM
lol ok,

here's the link to the version 2 drivers.

http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F8T001_v2&lang=1&mode=

enjoy...

Pony99CA
06-10-2004, 07:43 AM
here's the link to the version 2 drivers.

http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F8T001_v2〈=1&mode=
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, those are the same drivers I had already downloaded. I remembered the 1.4.2.10 revision number, not the "v2" in the file name.

Steve