View Full Version : Add/Remove Programs in Activesync

Starevoli
06-06-2004, 10:38 PM
My PC went down like the titanic and I had to start from ground zero. I reinstalled Activesync and Outlook and got my PPC to sync (Ipaq h2215) all of my contacts, notes, etc (MIRACLE!) --- Buttttt.... when I open the "add/remove programs" option in Activesync, I see all of my installed programs but they are greyed out ...
You can't click on them, remove them, etc. - And those which have the option to by added to the synchonization list... don't show up.

(I have MS Money for the pocket PC on there and unless I can get ActiveSync to see it I can't synchronize. )

What did I do wrong? Any Ideas?

:oops:

OSUKid7
06-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Nothing wrong, that's just the way it works. It's just like why if you look at the computer's Add/Remove Programs list your old programs won't be there. The PPC apps (install files) aren't installed on your computer anymore. To add them back, just reinstall from your original install files.

dlangton
06-07-2004, 12:19 AM
You haven't done anything wrong.

If programs haven't been installed onto your desktop, only to the PocketPC, they'll show as being greyed out, since the files aren't available on the desktop. There's no need to install them from the desktop, however, until you need to reinstall them onto the PocketPC.

As far as MS Money - you need a conduit from the desktop Money to Pocket Money. That conduit is created when you install Pocket Money. Similarly, Acrobat Reader needs a conversion filter so that pdf files are tagged when transferred to the PocketPC. That is installed onto the desktop when you install Adobe Acrobat Reader (for PocketPC). In other words, any software which doesn't do what you think it should probably needs to be installed onto the desktop before you can use it. You normally shouldn't need to reinstall onto the PocketPC - simply choose cancel when ActiveSync asks if you want to reinstall.