View Full Version : WMP for 2003 SE won't play in qvga

pivaska
06-04-2004, 01:45 PM
I upgraded my Toshiba E800 to 2003 SE and now the media player won't play full screen. Seems as this will be problem for a while so is there any other programs out there that will play wmv files at full screen? Or is there a hack that can make it play in qvga again?

jpjehu
06-04-2004, 06:03 PM
It probably won't play because you encoded it to 320x240. If you re-encode it for 640x480 it should work. wmp just doesn't have a 'stretch to fit screen' yet.

pivaska
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
I use the DVDto PocketPC software for the encode so that a full movie comes in around 180 megs but they use a 20fps in 320x240 so it looks like a real movie playing on your pda. If it goes up to 640x480 then it is really choppy and a really large file. I guess I will just have to wait for the stretch.

Fishie
06-04-2004, 06:48 PM
I assume MS is working on a WMP for PPC update that will rectify that problem and will bring it closer to its big PC brother.

pivaska
06-04-2004, 06:52 PM
And that is about all that is happening.... people are assuming, hopeing, praying, willing to forfit one arm etc. So far I have been on brighthand, pocketpcgear and the rest and nothing from M$ or anyone else about the fix, upgrade, patch or just a good piece of software. I think that they put this out in Germany just so someone would do the beta testing. Any other photo come across with pixels dropped or doubled so that the pixel next to it can't work in. If I could reverse the upgrade I would.

Fishie
06-04-2004, 06:54 PM
And that is about all that is happening.... people are assuming, hopeing, praying, willing to forfit one arm etc. So far I have been on brighthand, pocketpcgear and the rest and nothing from M$ or anyone else about the fix, upgrade, patch or just a good piece of software. I think that they put this out in Germany just so someone would do the beta testing. Any other photo come across with pixels dropped or doubled so that the pixel next to it can't work in. If I could reverse the upgrade I would.

Urm you can, the last link on the page for the SE upgrade is one to the original E800/805 ROM.

Just reflash your machine to its old OS and quit yer whining.

pivaska
06-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Whinin' done and OVER! Thank you! I have been reflashed and am smilin' again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pivaska
06-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Spoke too soon.... Tried to get the old version and needed a password. Called Toshiba and they said that I can't flash back to the old version. Also said that they don't know if I can flash to the American version when it comes out. If I need to have it back to the old I have to send it in and they will redo the thing. I will stick with it for now. But thanks anyway for the advice.

Fishie
06-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Auch, sorry man.

yvilla
06-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Try this link: http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~doo/E800/

pivaska
06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Thanks, I took both of them. Do you know of anyone that has flashed back to the old version? Tohsiba said that it can't be done. It doesn't make sense that it can't be done. Thanks again.