View Full Version : audio recording software

toshibae755
06-04-2004, 07:00 AM
i play live shows often and i am interested in recording my shows live with my ppc. i have a toshiba e755 with a 4gb CF II microdrive so storage right now is not an issue, are there any apps that i could look at to help me do this? should i explore different options?

dean_shan
06-04-2004, 08:57 AM
I use NoteM but it only records at 16kbs MP3. Good for speach but if you're doing music it would be no good.

Pony99CA
06-04-2004, 09:50 AM
i play live shows often and i am interested in recording my shows live with my ppc. i have a toshiba e755 with a 4gb CF II microdrive so storage right now is not an issue, are there any apps that i could look at to help me do this? should i explore different options?
Have you checked out Core Sound (http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html)? I don't know if it will work well with your setup -- it may require two Compact Flash slots.

Steve

pivaska
06-04-2004, 01:28 PM
I use sound explorer from www.vitotechnology.com for all of my stuff. This should work for you.

Len M.
06-04-2004, 05:17 PM
You might have a look at our PDAudio system. It allows you to record high resolution audio to a memory card, hard disk or network.

http://www.core-sound.com/HighResRecorderNews.html

It requires a PDA or laptop PC with at leastone CF card slot and sufficient storage for recording.

A typical PDA configuration for 16-bit/44.1 KS/s recording (CD quality) is an iPAQ h2200-series (or Toshiba e750-eries, or e800-series) with PDAudio-CF in the CF slot and a 1 GB SD card in the SD slot(1.5 hours of recording).

A typical configuration for 24-bit/96 KS/s is an iPAQ h5500-series with a dual CF (or PCMCIA) card expansion pack, with PDAudio-CF in one slot, and a CF flash memory storage card (4 GB gives you 2 hours of 24/96) or a 5 GB Toshiba PC Card hard drive in the other.

PDAudio-CF accepts standard S/PDIF digital audio streams. If you want to use microphones you'll need a dual mic pre-amp/A-to-D converter. Our Mic2496 is a good choice -- it's very small and has outstanding sound quality.

Recording applications include Gidluck Mastering's Live296 Live2496[/] (recommended for 24/96 recording), Pocco Software's [i]Wichita (for 16/44.1). (Resco's Audio Recorder for PDAudio is in Beta and not quite stable yet.)

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

toshibae755
06-04-2004, 08:11 PM
i have a mic preamp and everything i want to record after the mixer so i just need the app to do it i downloaded the sound explorer and it works great so i guess when my free trial runs out ill buy it.

STW
06-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Is there a way to set up the WMobile edition Notes recorder to record directly to the SD card (on my ipaq 1945)?

You mention using an external mic--how is this possible without an audio in jack? I'd like to be able to use an ext. mic with my 1945.

Thanks,
Mitch

milkman dan
06-06-2004, 09:46 PM
would it be possible to use the headphone jack as a line in?

Len M.
06-07-2004, 12:44 AM
The iPAQ h5400-, h5100- and h5500-series have a mono microphone input available on their headphone output jacks. It accepts a *four* conductor miniplug (tip, ring, ring, sleeve) where the second ring is the mic input.

The mic pre-amp on the iPAQs is not terribly good but a good external mic can sound much better than the built-in mic.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

milkman dan
06-07-2004, 03:30 AM
doesn't really do the rest of us much good, lol :) do you know if there is some sort of cf or sd card that would give you a line in?

Len M.
06-07-2004, 05:03 AM
Sorry, no. There's just our PDAudio-CF -- it gives you digital audio in, not analog.

There's an Echo PCMCIA card line-in card, but there are no drivers available for PocketPCs.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
www.core-sound.com

Trimac20
06-07-2004, 10:41 AM
No the headphone jack cannot, as far as I know, be used as a line-in port to connect to record from audio source. Nor can you connect an external microphone to your ipaq (not sure about other models). For that you would need a seperate line-in port. You can, however, record audio from the ipaq (like any audio source with a headphone jack) from a recorder.

noworries
06-21-2004, 06:34 PM
I'm looking for a recording software for my Ipaq 4155:
1. Just recording lectures in trainings/class

The software that comes with it (note) seems to not do very well for larger rooms...very distorted recording. Its fine when I'm in a smaller room (10-15).

I'd also like to be able to run the recorder and have the screen off (power save)....otherwise the recorder only runs about 3 hrs without the power cord.

Do you recommend any other software besides VITO Sound Explorer

Thanks for your help!!!

Perk
06-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Wow!

I had no idea I could do this with a PPC.

milkman dan
06-22-2004, 01:24 PM
nowories : that is due to the built in mic, not the software unfortunatly :(

noworries
06-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Milkman dan:
Is it my understanding....there is no way to do an external mic on the HP Ipaq 4155? Thanks for sharing that info.