View Full Version : help!

toshibae755
06-03-2004, 06:27 PM
i am very new to wifi and pda's and all this. i have a toshiba e755 and have had it for about a week. i can do everything on it i dreamed of except i cannot figure out this wifi. i can connect to my router but fromthere im lost. i want to be able to acess my e-mail and the internet through wifi but i dont know how or even if this is possible any help would be appreciated.

Darius Wey
06-04-2004, 04:24 AM
Of course you can with WiFi!

Ensure you have done the following:

(1) Allocate IP addresses for both your PC and and PPC
(2) Ensure the network is connected
(3) Ensure that if your wireless network is encrypted, that you input your passkeys on all devices so that they all are connected with no problems whatsoever
(4) Ensure your internet connection is enabled for sharing

I can't remember what else you should ensure but if I think of anything, I'll update the post. Feel free to ask how to do all of the above.

toshibae755
06-04-2004, 06:56 AM
ummm im pretty computer stupid, please help explain all this. thanks in advance

Steve14965
06-06-2004, 04:23 PM
ummm im pretty computer stupid, please help explain all this. thanks in advance

1)Do you have a wifi network?

>>>If you do, then make sure the wireless is on, it should be on by default. Next, turn wifi on (on your TOSH pocket pc).

2)Do you know if WEP is on (when you have to enter a password to get on the network), and if so, do you know your password?

>>>If you do, once wifi is turned on (on your tosh pocket pc) you will be prompted to enter a password that you assigned to your network. Enter it and then you should be done.

If when your in pocket IE and it always says "The page cannot be found", you've encountered an error that is not fun to deal with, but can be helped (at least when it happened to me). Please see this thread if this happens to you:

http://pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28658

I hope I made that clear enough.

toshibae755
06-07-2004, 03:53 AM
i can connect to the router, i do have wifi but when i use the ppc IE it says unable to connect with current settings.....

Steve14965
06-07-2004, 05:23 AM
i can connect to the router, i do have wifi but when i use the ppc IE it says unable to connect with current settings.....

Make sure that the settings are the same on the pocket pc as the router. For example, make sure that if your router has WEP turned on, that your ppc does too.
--Posted from a Pocket PC.