View Full Version : Alarm quirkiness

felixdd
06-02-2004, 08:20 PM
I searched and can't find a precedent for this alarm problem so here goes. I have an Ipaq 2215 with Rom ver. 1.10. I had set the alarm for the weekdays to ring at 9:00 am and activated it. (I checked the check-box).

Later, I unchecked a few of the days because I didn't need on those days -- but the next day at 9:00 am it rang again, even though it was not the day it was supposed to ring!

So I decided to deactivate the thing altogether -- I unchecked the box. The next day -- it rang again!! The darn alarm won't die! What do I do to stop this thing?

Steven Cedrone
06-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Have you tried a soft reset?

Steve

Ripper014
06-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Considering you have the latest rom update this is strange... I would suggest looking into your notify queue... and see if the alarms exist there...

felixdd
06-02-2004, 09:33 PM
I've soft reset tons of times (for other reasons). Will look at the notify queue later tonight -- took a glance at it earlier this morning and didn't seem like there was anything out of place. But then again I'm not too adept at it yet.

T-Will
06-24-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm pissed...so this morning my alarms don't go off so I get to work late. When I get into work I'm explaining to my coworker why I got in late and I pull out my PPC and turn it on and all 4 of my morning alarms go off at the same time. She says to me, well I guess you can't use that thing for alarms...

Alarms are one of the built-in functions of PPC, and it's not even reliable for this! When is Microsoft going to fix this problem? Is it fixed in WM2003SE?

Kacey Green
06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
I've never had problems with Rex's alarms, before or after the update, if I thought I had problems with the alarm, it was usually my fault (set the wrong date and or time :oops:)