View Full Version : Looking for a non-adobe PDF reader

milkman dan
06-01-2004, 04:01 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but adobe has been getting on my nerves. If you want to download a PDF reader for your PC, you've got a 21 meg download. the PPC version takes up 4 1/2 megs :O I am the kinda guy that likes his text editors/readers to be simple and small (ie.notepad.exe) So, to make a long story short, is there any sort of pdf reader for PPC you know of that isn't adobe? Google turned up 9 pages of adobe/spam :(

Darius Wey
06-01-2004, 04:09 AM
The ClearVue PDF Viewer from WESTTEK does the trick.

Ripper014
06-01-2004, 05:59 AM
I believe Repligo also reads PDF files...

milkman dan
06-01-2004, 08:24 AM
I don't know how you guys find this stuff, but I luv ya for it :D thanks alot, 4 1/2 megs does matter when you are talking about a 54 meg device :D

Kowalski
06-01-2004, 09:33 AM
4 1/2 megs does matter when you are talking about a 54 meg device hate acrobat reader, and adobe!!!
also the documents are too big in size and program is too slow, especially older versions. sometimes only a couple of pages costs more than 1 megs[/quote]

Darius Wey
06-01-2004, 11:26 AM
I believe Repligo also reads PDF files...

Repligo has the ability to read pretty much every document, but only after conversion to the Repligo format. So to read a PDF file, you will need to convert the PDF to the RGO format. However, the RGO is a very compact format with reflow capabilities built into the reader. All in all, a good app! :wink:

I don't know how you guys find this stuff, but I luv ya for it thanks alot

Hehe, no problems...we're here to help! :lol: