View Full Version : Help Needed: connect my 4155 to DI524 Wireless AP

dalewong
06-01-2004, 02:16 AM
My D-Link DI524 router attached with Comcast cable modem works fine with my desktop and laptops, but not with my 4155. It worked about one week at the begining but don't know why, not any more.
The AP can be seen by my 4155, and always shown "Available", but can not be connected. But my 4155 can connect to my neighbors' APs although it gets very weak signals from them.
I tried about a month in different ways. I even re-set whole AP to factory's settings but all without success.
Please help me, THANKS!

Janak Parekh
06-07-2004, 02:07 AM
Wait, are you saying that the Pocket PC didn't work even when the AP was set to its factory settings?

Try one thing: set the IP address of the wireless card manually, and see if that makes a difference. You can do this in the Connection Manager.

--janak

dalewong
06-07-2004, 05:17 AM
Yes. I tried everything possible as I know.
I tried to re-set all back to factory setting. I also tried to setup the maual IP address for IPAQ Wireless Adapter.

Janak Parekh
06-18-2004, 04:24 AM
Couple tips:

1. Download vxUtil from www.cam.com and see if you can ping the router;

2. A potentially last resort is to consider is hard resetting the iPAQ and making sure there was no setting in there that was causing a problem. Of course, make sure your data is backed up before you do this.

--janak

Zoot
06-21-2004, 03:05 PM
soft-reset the device and then enable wifi.
go into the wireless settings and then select and hold on your wireless network name - remove settings is what you want. Then try tap and hold and selecting connect. You'll get the screen asking if the network connects to work or internet with a second tab for WEP key.

go to www.wififofum.org and download that tool.....it'll tell you what signal strength you are seeing, amongst other things.

dalewong
06-30-2004, 03:20 AM
My trouble finally resolved by purchasing a nother AP, from the same manufacturer - DLINK. It looks like the hardware issue but don't know why my friend can use it as my present.
Anyway, it's been OK.

Janak Parekh
06-30-2004, 06:04 AM
Unfortunately, there's been a few compatibility issues between routers and Pocket PCs. :( The recently-released iPAQ ROM update might have helped, too...

Anyway, glad to hear it's working.

--janak

Steven Cedrone
06-30-2004, 01:34 PM
The other thing you could have tried, was to update the firmware on the AP...

Steve