View Full Version : Pocket Artist & Mobile Pencil...

Sydney Bristow
05-31-2004, 12:28 AM
Hello! I was just wondering if there are any graphic softwares out there that combines the functionality of Pocket Artist and the canvas/sketch-ish pressure-pencils of Mobile Pencil...

I really prefer the Mobile Pencil's realistic way of pencil pressures and the canvas, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to offer as many functionalities as Pocket Artist...I've tried Mobile Atelier a try, but I don't like it as much as the other two. ^^;;

Any recommendations (perhaps there's a plug-in for Pocket Artist that would allow pencil pressure option? I've tried Googling, with no luck) would be greatly appreciated, thank you~! :)

Jason Patterson
06-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Hello! I was just wondering if there are any graphic softwares out there that combines the functionality of Pocket Artist and the canvas/sketch-ish pressure-pencils of Mobile Pencil...

I really prefer the Mobile Pencil's realistic way of pencil pressures and the canvas, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to offer as many functionalities as Pocket Artist...I've tried Mobile Atelier a try, but I don't like it as much as the other two. ^^;;

Any recommendations (perhaps there's a plug-in for Pocket Artist that would allow pencil pressure option? I've tried Googling, with no luck) would be greatly appreciated, thank you~! :)

Regarding pen pressure and Pocket Artist, what exactly are you looking for? Have you tried the sketch mode with the Paintbrush tool, with the Opacity set to around 20-40%? That gives a great "pencil feel" to the tool. Or, are you looking to correlate the speed of your stylus with a "lighter stroke"? That is something we hope to integrate into a future release.

Sydney Bristow
07-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Ah, thank you very much for your kind help, and /me apologizes for the *very* delayed response ^^;;

I was referring to a mix of both, but I guess that will do for now! :) Thank you again, and I'll look forward to that future release. :D

Andy Whiteford
07-26-2004, 03:46 PM
Jason,

Any sign of Pocket Artist being upgraded for compatibility with WM2003 SE, specifically VGA screens?

Jason Patterson
08-02-2004, 09:01 PM
Syndey,

Glad to be of help. Please let us know if you have further questions.

Any sign of Pocket Artist being upgraded for compatibility with WM2003 SE, specifically VGA screens?

Certainly. That's next on the list once Pocket Slides 2.0 wraps up. See our "Notes From The Inside" web newsletter later this week for news on Pocket Artist 3.0 and Pocket Slides 2.0.

FYI, right now, you can use the SE_VGA program (posted last week on Pocket PC Thoughts) to switch into a VGA mode that Pocket Artist 2.X will currently work with.

Andy Whiteford
08-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Great news Jason - thank for the update. Pocket Artist may just get the platform it deserves with this new higher resolution.