View Full Version : Midi Playback on iPAQ 4150

yanathin
05-30-2004, 03:31 AM
I noticed a few of the iPAQ ROM updates (such as the 1945) included Midi playback for alarms and other notifications. This update was released a little while ago, too. I don't know about all the other 4150 users out there, but this really, really ticks me off. Many of the other cheaper iPAQs get ROM updates that fix many things that I wish were fixed on my 4150, yet they still don't release one for it. Way to treat some of your most expensive customers, HP!

Anyway, enough complaining for me. All I want is simple midi playback (heck, it doesn't even have to be able to play as an alarm or notification, though it would be nice). The other iPAQs get it, but the 4150 doesn't. Is there a plug-in or anything for Windows Media Player, or even Conduit's Pocket Player or Pocket Music 3.0? I really don't see what's holding all these programs back from playing simple midi files... I always go to vgmusic.com to kill some time and listen to some game midis at home, and it would be nice to do it on my Pocket PC (preferably without having to install a huge seperate program). I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out. Thanks!

Jason Dunn
05-30-2004, 03:37 AM
See if this does the trick:

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/~k-akixx/mimidi/

yanathin
05-30-2004, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. Hmm, aren't there any english apps out there? I mean, how hard can it be? The only player I found was a beta of something called Beatnik (and the production seems to be cancelled on it). It played the midi files when i clicked on em, but it did so very quietly. Mimidi seems to completely mess up the names of the midis that I put in, and is a pain to get a single midi to play... Anything else out there?

Jason Dunn
05-30-2004, 03:57 AM
Not that I'm aware of. MIDI isn't exactly a booming consumer format, so there's not a lot of players that support it - it's more for musicians...