View Full Version : SPB Pocket Plus

drowe
05-29-2004, 06:18 PM
Just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem I'm having. I tried to re-install PocketPlus 2.0 and it came up with a wrong serial number when trying to install. I knew it was right, but I had spb send my numbers again. It was the same number, and the same result. I've sent e-mail, but so far no response. Any ideas on what went wrong? I've also done a hard reset and reloaded everything from scratch (just to see how it would work) and the same problems.

While I'm on a rant, I was also supposed to get a copy of Arkaball with my purchase. Never received it and sent e-mail about that about 2 weeks ago. I did receive a lame e-mail blaming pocketgear for not sending them a notification, but if they have my serial number in their database to send me, they should know I bought it.......

Willmonwah
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Try changing the name on you device to match the name under which you bought/registered the software. That's how fitaly's protection works...

drowe
05-29-2004, 08:02 PM
That doesn't work. This all started before I changed the name of my device. I was doing some uninstall/re-installs to see if I could learn about it all works. It was after that, that I did the hard reset and name change. I'm used to the palm username being the "key" to codes, but with the pocket pc defaulting to the same name for everybody it doesn't look like that would be a very good protection scheme :wink:

Andy Whiteford
05-29-2004, 08:09 PM
When you enter the User name for the Pocket PC, make sure there isn't a space after the last character. Some forms of text input add a space which counts as an extra character even though it isn't immediately visible.

drowe
05-29-2004, 08:14 PM
No spaces after the Owner's Name (same as before) or after the device name. One other bit of information, I have SPB Finance that installs and activates just fine.

drowe
05-31-2004, 09:19 PM
The good news is that all is good now! I got a nice PM from SPB that took care of all my problems, got codes that work for Pocket Plus and Arkaball and a nice note. We still haven't figured out what all the confusion was, but the bottom line is that SPB came through and made it all right!!

Since I posted a public rant, I want to post a public kudo to these guys!!!

OSUKid7
05-31-2004, 09:24 PM
Yep, Spb is one of the nicest software companies imo. Great trial times, great software, great GUIs, great (and fast) support. That reminds me...I need to email them about a problem I'm having with Spb Time.

BTW, what does Spb stand for? lol...I haven't found it anywhere on their site?

ctmagnus
05-31-2004, 10:03 PM
That reminds me...I need to email them about a problem I'm having with Spb Time.

Alarms?

I'm in the midst of updating the rom on my iPaq 5550 to see if this helps any. I was going to see if the inbuilt alarms work tomorrow morning, but I decided to just take the leap and see if the new rom helps with Spb Times's alarms any.

btw, I still haven't heard anything from them about the free Arkaball.

OSUKid7
05-31-2004, 10:40 PM
That reminds me...I need to email them about a problem I'm having with Spb Time.
Alarms?
Yes...that's the problem I'm having. Whenever I test the alarm, it usually works, but when I actually need it to work, it doesn't. Wish I could narrow it down more. :|

btw, I still haven't heard anything from them about the free Arkaball.
what is this about free Arkaball? Was it some one-time deal or something? I used my reward points to get Minesweeper. Not a bad implementation of the game.

Small Town Man
06-01-2004, 12:01 AM
BTW, what does Spb stand for?

St. PetersBurg

OSUKid7
06-01-2004, 12:07 AM
BTW, what does Spb stand for?

St. PetersBurg
ah...that makes sense now.
Mailing address
Spb Software House
Vozrozhdeniya 4
198097 Saint-Petersburg
Russia

ctmagnus
06-01-2004, 12:21 AM
what is this about free Arkaball? Was it some one-time deal or something? I used my reward points to get Minesweeper. Not a bad implementation of the game.

Some people got a notice from Spb after purchasing Pocket Plus 2 (not the email from Handango/Pocketgear) that they were able to download a copy of Arkaball for free.

OSUKid7
06-01-2004, 12:24 AM

Some people got a notice from Spb after purchasing Pocket Plus 2 (not the email from Handango/Pocketgear) that they were able to download a copy of Arkaball for free.
ah...too bad then, I just bought mine on Thursday.