View Full Version : eReader and WM SE - can't scroll

Kevin C. Tofel
05-28-2004, 09:52 PM
Maybe it's just my Tosh, but after upgrading the ROM to WM SE, I find that I can't use the scroll pad OR my DPad to page up and page down with eReader v. 2.5.0 (the latest version).

Can someone confirm with their SE Tosh e805?

Thanks!
KCT

PS - I said that I was going to stick with the first edition of WM and just use MyVGA, but my techno-geekiness curiousity got the better of me! :P

Kevin C. Tofel
05-28-2004, 10:46 PM
UPDATE and even worse news. It's not just the Scroll wheel and eReader. NONE of my hardware buttons work for any program. I've double checked the settings and everything is mapped correctly.

Not good.... :evil:

Anyone else with this problem? This is a straight upgrade of the ROM followed by an installation of eReader. No other software installed.

Thanks!
KCT

ctmagnus
05-29-2004, 02:06 AM
fwiw, I found that after upgrading my iPaq to ROM 1.10 my button #5 no longer worked. All the others did.

jjdyer
05-29-2004, 02:29 AM
I posted a reply over in PocketPCTools to this problem as well. Make sure that the hold button is not switched on. If it is, none of the buttons will function on the handheld.

Kevin C. Tofel
05-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Nope, no Hold button on, but thanks!

Ended up doing a hard reset....not a major problem since I just flashed the ROM and didn't restore much yet. After the reset, the buttons worked fine. Now to re-install eReader and try again!

KCT

jjdyer
05-29-2004, 08:32 PM
At least you got it to work. How are you liking SE?

Kevin C. Tofel
05-29-2004, 11:53 PM
MyVGA was great for the interim, but I confess that I do like SE. It has it's display quirks, but I like the screen resolution on the VGA apps and I've been able to hack others so that they display just as clear.

Palm Reader is my most used program and I was able to modify the .exe to show the fonts in full VGA.....pixel doubling made it very fuzzy!

KCT