View Full Version : PPC2002 inbox and attachments

Stephen Beesley
05-28-2004, 04:02 PM
Am I going mad or just forgetful... :?

For a while I was using an IMAP service to collect mail in my Pocket PC inbox (on a Jornada 568). Unfortunately that sevice has now shut down and I have had to revert back to POP3. With IMAP i had the option of whether or not to download attachments and, if so, give a size limit. With POP3, however, I only seem to get the option to download headers or entire message.

Fair enough you say, but the problem is I could swear that POP3 had the same option the last time I used it. As I said at the top of this post: Am I going mad or just forgetful? Have I just confused the two different services or am I missing something?

Canuck
05-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Are you talking wirelessly getting your mail? I know in activesync you double click on the mail and you can adjust the settings. If you are accessing without syncing then I think on a message by message basis you have to download the attachments.

PR.
05-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Am I going mad or just forgetful... :?

For a while I was using an IMAP service to collect mail in my Pocket PC inbox (on a Jornada 568). Unfortunately that sevice has now shut down and I have had to revert back to POP3. With IMAP i had the option of whether or not to download attachments and, if so, give a size limit. With POP3, however, I only seem to get the option to download headers or entire message.

Fair enough you say, but the problem is I could swear that POP3 had the same option the last time I used it. As I said at the top of this post: Am I going mad or just forgetful? Have I just confused the two different services or am I missing something?

Isn't it Inbox > Tools > Manage folders... > Select Inbox > Tools > Options

I'm afraid I don't use POP3 anymore but there is definately an attachment option for it...

Hope that helps