View Full Version : What is a techie to do???

rzanology
05-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Okay...so here it is. I was reading digitalmediathoughts.com and i came across this...http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=41558&sid=16fdbd97df59aded3cc2ba02dd4dacb1. I am becoming a little confused here. The new ipaqs (the 4700 series i think) are on their way, the psp is on its way, and this iriver keeps calling my name. I plan on owning the p900 by the end of this week. So with the pda like p900 for pim and my iriver/psp for media....where does that leave me in the pocketpc world? Im sorry to say, but i am addicted to PPCs, i must get a new one every summer. But will i have to force myself not too? Is the pocket pc fading away for me? Any one else feel this way?

Jon Westfall
05-27-2004, 04:47 PM
I broke down and bought an mp3 player a few months ago. I needed something that could store gigs of files, and my 256 MB SD card just wasn't good enough. I don't think my PPC has faded away though. I've been without my PPC for 2 weeks now waiting for a new one to arrive after the old one died, and even with a smartphone to hold me over, I feel the loss!

Stephen Beesley
05-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Very very nice, and I really like the form factor.

You have also raised a question I have been asking myself lately. I think I will always be a two device person (at least) but which two devices?

The p900 has been calling to me lately and the deficiences of the current batch of PPCs as note taking/writing devices (for me at least) has got me thinking. Is it a PPC and a fairly simple phone I want or is it a much more capable phone device and a larger device (maybe one of the smaller tablet PCs) that would be the perfect combination for me.

That said I am hoping that the new VGA ppc with a 4 inch screen (like the HP 4700) will be the answer to my prayers. Mind you - I still think I want a p900..... :D

rzanology
05-27-2004, 05:39 PM
LMAO! i agree. This will all fade away when i see that vga screen. But then what? I couldn't put it better when you said "which 2 devices" Will HP get smart and bundle some sort of gsm something in one of their top of the line ipaqs? Will they also includ ea gig of built in storage? Will it have a ati ppc graphics chip built in? i wonder if it will have internal gps as well....hmmmmmmm.