View Full Version : Dashboard or CalendarPlus Pro

baker
05-26-2004, 01:12 PM
There have been some posts and articles recently on these two and I've done a little homework. However, I'm curious to hear from folks that have used both applications. If you used both, why did you decide to keep the one you kept. They're both great programs, but which won out and why?

Stephen Beesley
05-26-2004, 02:02 PM
At different times I have had both of these on my Pocket PC but have ended up with neither.

Dashboard is a great piece of software, but in the end I always tend to go back to a more simple today screen with just the basic infomation. Calender plus is pretty much the same - in the end I just did not want all my info sitting on my today screen. My final (well current :D) solution is PocketInformant. All the customisation I could want for my information and only the touch of a button away.

Darren Behan
05-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Definately prefer Dashboard hands-down. For me it provides just the right amount of detail, functionality and damn fine good looks.

db

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Dashboard is a great piece of software, but in the end I always tend to go back to a more simple today screen with just the basic infomation. Calender plus is pretty much the same - in the end I just did not want all my info sitting on my today screen. My final (well current :D) solution is PocketInformant. All the customisation I could want for my information and only the touch of a button away.
Exactly my conclusion. Dashboard slows my startup by just a notch, and that bothers me, since I'm puttering along with a 200MHz XScale processor in my i700. ;) I'll just pop up the agenda screen on PI when I need it.

That said, Dashboard generally worked well for me while I had it. I did buy it on my older Pocket PC, and v2 seems like a nice upgrade. :)

--janak