View Full Version : n00bie here with Toshiba E740 and wifi

p00ps
05-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Sup all, well my cousin handed this down to me. I noticed it had wifi but i don't have any wifi installed in my house since i only have one pc. But i did do a scan and lol found out that 8 ppl in my area have wifi and pretty strong signals. None of them have any encryption either. One of them is my neighbour who just got his up running 2 weeks ago. Now how can i loggin to a wifi connection? Because i select my neighbours connection in the list of connections from scanning, I open up internet explorer and i have no connection? Is there something i need to do? Any help would be nice :D

Pony99CA
05-26-2004, 10:29 AM
Sup all, well my cousin handed this down to me. I noticed it had wifi but i don't have any wifi installed in my house since i only have one pc. But i did do a scan and lol found out that 8 ppl in my area have wifi and pretty strong signals. None of them have any encryption either. One of them is my neighbour who just got his up running 2 weeks ago. Now how can i loggin to a wifi connection? Because i select my neighbours connection in the list of connections from scanning, I open up internet explorer and i have no connection? Is there something i need to do? Any help would be nice :D
Spend the $20-$50 and get a WiFi router. Using your neighbor's WiFi is stealing unless you know that they are intentionally sharing it.

See the "Unlocked networks/unlocked houses" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24785) for a long debate on the issue.

Steve

p00ps
05-27-2004, 05:07 AM
no but i mean like how can i loggin? i see it is an issue but i went to my neighbors place to test it out and i got full stregth on my pda. But like i couldn't surf the net after I've rescaned many times and selected his connection in my list. Is there something else that needs to be configured?