View Full Version : SX56 upgrade to WM2003...what works?

Ryan Joseph
05-26-2004, 12:00 AM
Hello, my brother has an SX56 (aka T-Mobile PPC Phone Edition, XDA, etc.)

He wants to upgrade to WM2003 but has a few questions. First, does the upgrade allow the device to use SDIO cards (WiFi, camera, etc.) or is that a hardware issue?

Second, he currently has to soft reset every time he swaps SD cards before running programs installed on the cards. Will this be corrected with the upgrade?

Thanks everyone!

Ryan Joseph
05-27-2004, 03:51 AM
BUMP :devilboy:

pdhenry
05-27-2004, 02:53 PM
WM2003 doesn't give you SDIO. That's a hardware issue. There was a camera that used SD-memory as its interface to the XDA but the image quality was pretty poor.

I don't know enough about the PPC/WM03 registry to answer the question about progams on the SD card. I've never noticed this issue but I only have one card and it's in the phone just about all the time.

Steve Sharp
05-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Ryan,
I run 2003 on the same model phone as the one you describe. I have not had to do a soft reset when swapping between SD cards.
As a heads up, though, I have had my SD card to spontaneously lose all of the data and programs on the card (MANY times) since upgrading to 2003.
I've read some discussion threads that says that this data loss on SD cards is a problem that some people encounter when using 2003. All in all, 2003 is pretty nice and works well--but there are some known issues with it.

SS