View Full Version : Yeah, this is it....!!!

jlp
05-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Yahoo news reports: OQO Selects 40 Major Corporate Customer Pilots for UPC. (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040525/sftu071_1.html)

and adds "OQO remains on plan for general availability of the model 01 this fall."

Other excerpts from the Yahoo Biz news "said CEO Jory Bell, OQO. "Demand for the OQO has been overwhelming and it was difficult to choose just 40 pilot customers from the literally thousands of major corporations that have contacted us since our product announcement at CES earlier this year."

Yeah, this is it...!!!

Jon Westfall
05-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh man... this thing might get off the ground this decade...

Falstaff
05-26-2004, 02:47 AM
Jason, it looks like you might actually need to start an OQO Thoughts site.... Next addition to the Thoughts Media group.

dh
05-26-2004, 02:53 AM
Jason, it looks like you might actually need to start an OQO Thoughts site.... Next addition to the Thoughts Media group.
The name's available if anyone wants to do it.

Kacey Green
05-26-2004, 02:57 AM
I think they may have missed the target, but if they can get it approved as a tablet PC then it would be awesome, right now the only thing it has in its favor is size

dh
05-26-2004, 03:07 AM
I'm going to get an OQO or something similer at some point. It would be great to have a computer small enough to carry all the time and just plug into a docking station at home or work. Great.

I have a feeling it will still be a while until they are a practical proposition though, so it's a handheld for a while yet.

Kacey Green
05-26-2004, 03:11 AM
With all the "R&D" they put into it they will want to recoup their expenses, and you will probably be able to purchase a new PPC, Laptop and cheap desktop at the price they want :wink: (probably just the PPC and cheap desktop)

jlp
05-26-2004, 11:55 AM
With all the "R&D" they put into it they will want to recoup their expenses, and you will probably be able to purchase a new PPC, Laptop and cheap desktop at the price they want :wink: (probably just the PPC and cheap desktop)

I think you totally miss the usage of the OQO: it's not a price question but a usability pattern: you can't put your desktop in your pocket and you can't run WinXP apps on your PPC.

Kacey Green
05-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Right, but all a tablet PC manufacturer has to do to steal their thunder is release a small tablet, that has better specs.

Stephen Beesley
05-26-2004, 01:54 PM
Yahoo news reports: OQO Selects 40 Major Corporate Customer Pilots for UPC. (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040525/sftu071_1.html)

and adds "OQO remains on plan for general availability of the model 01 this fall."

Other excerpts from the Yahoo Biz news "said CEO Jory Bell, OQO. "Demand for the OQO has been overwhelming and it was difficult to choose just 40 pilot customers from the literally thousands of major corporations that have contacted us since our product announcement at CES earlier this year."

Yeah, this is it...!!!

... but he would say that wouldn't he....

After all he is the CEO of the company...

Steven Cedrone
05-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Thread moved to "Off-Topic" forum.

Steve