View Full Version : No sound from phone or taps on screen

urologyhealth
05-25-2004, 09:53 PM
This is the 2nd time this has happened. Phone doesn't ring (volume on max), screen taps and sounds and notifications -nothing?

soft reset-no change

a month ago it came back spontaneously.

I have i-mate XDAII

Suggestions?

Thank you

Steven Cedrone
05-26-2004, 02:43 AM
Have you used your headset recently? Can you hear anything if you use the headset? It may be a stuck switch. If so, you can try to put in and take out the headset a bunch of times to see if the sound comes back.

Steve

Jon Westfall
05-26-2004, 03:10 AM
happened to mine after a fall, gave it a swift whack to the back and it magically started working. I didn't ask questions...

I don't advise this, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

urologyhealth
05-26-2004, 03:33 AM
Thanks--I had not used headset for a while and I had not dropped it.

I tried headset with special plug and I hear sounds and taps.

I then removed it and still no sounds--I tried "gentle" whack and lo and behold it's working???

This shouldn't be a real solution for such a high priced unit.

I appreciate your "MODERN TECHNOLOGY HELP" like tapping on our old radios and TV antennas :lol:

Steven Cedrone
05-26-2004, 12:12 PM
I then removed it and still no sounds--I tried "gentle" whack and lo and behold it's working???

Hmmm...

Whacking the back of the unit, I'll have to remember that one! Glad to hear it's working again!

Steve

P.S. - If it's under warranty, you may want to get that device checked! :wink:

Jon Westfall
05-26-2004, 04:51 PM
[quote="urologyhealth"]

[quote]

Glad my experience helped. Steven is right though - you should have the service center check it out as I don't think either of our units should do this (on another note, my i-mate died over the weekend from a broken charge connector, not from this issue).

Jon.

urologyhealth
05-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Thanks--we're did you send it for service and how long were you without it?

Jerrold