View Full Version : Window Suction Cups

isilver
05-25-2004, 07:07 PM
I'm thinking about buying the Seidio Pocket PC holster for my car. But I'm not sure which one to go with.

They have the suction Cup. But won't that fall off? It gets hot in the summers and extremely cold in the winters. Will it be able to support the weight of the pocketpc and possible GPS system that I will own in the future. Will it also damage the interior window?

the other option would be to fasten it to the Heating Vent. Will the PockePC heat up during winter time? Will it damage the venting system?

Can anyone answer these questions please.

Mitch D
05-25-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm thinking about buying the Seidio Pocket PC holster for my car. But I'm not sure which one to go with.

They have the suction Cup. But won't that fall off? It gets hot in the summers and extremely cold in the winters. Will it be able to support the weight of the pocketpc and possible GPS system that I will own in the future. Will it also damage the interior window?

the other option would be to fasten it to the Heating Vent. Will the PockePC heat up during winter time? Will it damage the venting system?

Can anyone answer these questions please.

I have found with suction devices like this it depends on how well the section cup is designed. Some of them use a mechanisim that includes a lever which tightens up the cup. I personally have not had a problem with one of these falling off due to hot temps. or causing damage to the window.

As for the vent mount, hot air blowing by the mount during the winter season will cause the mount to heat up (how much would depend on the temp setting) but most cars now a days seem to have the option of closing that vent so it should not be a problem. Just remember to bring your PPC inside with you on hot/cold days. Winterpeg winters are not all that PPC friendly, nor are their summers for that matter. :wink:

Jon Westfall
05-25-2004, 08:27 PM
I bought the seidio mount (and destroyed it) and then bought the mount from arkon (basically same thing). Both with window suction mounts. The seidio one was sturdy but not as tensioned as the one from arkon. They both hold perfectly well as long as you create a tight and secure hold on the windshield when you first mount it. I also curve the gooseneck to rest a bit on my dash, which helps the suction from getting loose.

The problem with air vents to me is that I need air to come out of them at me in the summer, so blocking it with a HUGE PDA is not an option.

isilver
05-26-2004, 03:44 AM
I think I am going to get the suction cup then. It seems like the best way to go.