View Full Version : Something wrong with the power button on 2210! need help

johnmnemonic
05-25-2004, 05:25 PM
I've noticed that my 2215 hangs frequently when ever I press power button for a couple of times.

Therefor, I came up with the experiment: turn off all my today plugin, reset, and keep toggling on and off. The results: after 5-6 on and off by pressing power. My machine hangs. After hard reset my machine, it doesn't happen.

Can anybody have a fix for this? I have pocketplus 2.0 on my machine. Also, my startup folder is clean.

I'd really appreciate if somebody can point out how to fix without hard-resetting the device. Registry fix anyone?

what an annoying issue :takethat:

Kacey Green
05-25-2004, 05:44 PM
Rex will halt untill a reset if I toggle it on and off quickly more than twice in a row, the solution that works for me is to wait 10 sec before turning it of successive times, or waiting before turnining it on, lastly making sure I do something with it so that the idle process doesn't get confused (that last one might be superstion) I've found that everytime I do one of those things if I need Rex for 2+ successive short intervals.

jook00
05-26-2004, 05:52 AM
this happens on my 4155. WHen i push on button, it's black for like a short second, then screen comes on. Start button lags a little too if i click on it too fast right after turning it on.

Kowalski
05-27-2004, 06:14 PM
After hard reset my machine, it doesn't happen.

since this is a software problem for sure there is something wrong with the problems you are using. try installing programs one at a time. maybe you can track down evil program that causes the problem
some programs monitor the device usage continuously and they dont need to be at startup folder especially battery monitors. concantrate on today plugins

Kacey Green
05-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I agree with Kowalski, in addition, check your peripherals/ peripheral drivers

johnmnemonic
05-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Actually, this sympthom happen even after hard-reset. But anyway,

After using pocket mechanic to scan my sd card. it found some errors and eventually revert back lost cluster into files. Afterwards, everything went back to norm. So, my guess is twards the file system scan when you turn on or off the machine.

Same as when you open explorer on your PC and hearing your cd-rom start spinning. probably the same thing with SD card file system error.

again. it really disappear.. and the machine has become more stable too ! :lol:

Kacey Green
05-27-2004, 07:13 PM
oops wong thread :oops: I thought she was quoting someone here