View Full Version : Which Pocket PC, Dell x30 or HP IPAQ 4155?

Cinemafreak
05-24-2004, 11:22 PM
I have narrowed it down to these two and would like some opinions on which one to go with. I have noticed a few things that could put this purchase off. One is the HP IPAQ 6300 series coming out. The other is the fact these handhelds do not have CF along with the SD slot. Does this really matter, why would I want the CF slot?

Thanks for the posts!

Cin

powder2000
05-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I personally would go for the dell due to the fact that it is cheaper, has 64ram/64rom and has wm2003se. That of course is just my humble opinion.

ignar
05-25-2004, 01:11 AM
I have narrowed it down to these two and would like some opinions on which one to go with. I have noticed a few things that could put this purchase off. One is the HP IPAQ 6300 series coming out. The other is the fact these handhelds do not have CF along with the SD slot. Does this really matter, why would I want the CF slot?

There will be a load of new iPaq's out in July. So you may want a little bit if you are not in hurry. Between 4150 and X30, X30 is a definately better value. But, if you appreciate small form factor, 4150 is a better choice. If you don't know why you want a CF slot, probably you don't need it. :) People want CF slot because there are number of accessories that fit only CF slot such as GPS units, camera, etc. Also CF memory cards are a bit cheaper than SD cards.

David Prahl
05-25-2004, 03:11 AM
I (try to) always ask a few questions before suggesting PDAs to people.

How do you see yourself using the device most of the time?
Are size and shape issues?
How much do you want to spend?

Kowalski
05-27-2004, 12:02 PM
I (try to) always ask a few questions before suggesting PDAs to people.

How do you see yourself using the device most of the time?
Are size and shape issues?
How much do you want to spend?

this seems a good idea but for all these cases dell is better than hp for sure.

lets talk about the thing that hp is better than dell( if there are any)