View Full Version : Fast Battery Drain On Your 2200? Could Be Your GSM/GPRS Card

Ed Hansberry
05-24-2004, 02:00 PM
<a href="http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_MH031016_CW02">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_MH031016_CW02</a><br /><br />"Certain CompactFlash (CF) cards may cause fast battery drain on the iPAQ Pocket PC h2200 series than other CF cards, even when the iPAQ Pocket PC is turned off. This issue occurs when CF cards such as the Audiovox RTM8000 and RTM8000D - Tri Band GSM/GPRS CompactFlash Card or the Convergent Technology GSM/GPRS CompactFlash Card, are left in the CF slot."<br /><br />HP is working on a fix for this issue. In the mean time, if you have a GSM/GPRS card, you may want to remove it after each use to prevent your battery from draining and possible data loss.

Vincent M Ferrari
05-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Just for an additional note... In my experience, if I leave my Socket WiFi card in overnight, I wake up to a battery that is 50% drained... I have a feeling it's CF cards in general...

Ed Hansberry
05-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Just for an additional note... In my experience, if I leave my Socket WiFi card in overnight, I wake up to a battery that is 50% drained... I have a feeling it's CF cards in general...
Strange. My Socket WiFi card causes no such problems, both with ROM 1.0 and 1.10.

rzanology
05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I dont see any problems with mine either, and im still running 1.0. But one thing is for sure....this is clearly hp's babie. They take care of the 2200 series like none other! Makes me proud to own one.

rwomack
05-24-2004, 07:07 PM
I left my 2210 with Road Lanner Wave WiFi CF card out of the cradle for a couple of days and when I turned it on it was completly dead, after charging it performed a hard reset, total nightmare!

DavesiPAQ
05-24-2004, 07:20 PM
Please note the card is not the problem. HP clearly states they need to repair the unit which tells me they aren't showing us the entire problem.

Dr Jekyll
05-24-2004, 11:12 PM
This happens to me with my LinkSys WiFi card, I have to make sure I unplug it when not in use. CF memory cards are fine though.

Starting 2 hate my 2210, rubber grips fell off the other day :cry:

Kacey Green
05-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Starting 2 hate my 2210, rubber grips fell off the other day :cry:
I'm about to start on my third set after I give them the call, but this time they just bubbled instead of trying to fall off from the to or bottom. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess we need to download the grips fall off patch.

[HP voice]
This flaw affects all devices in the series, DL Now!!
[/HP voice]

ctmagnus
05-25-2004, 02:41 AM
[HP voice]
This flaw affects all devices in the series, DL Now!!
[/HP voice]

You should link that to the Cylon head image that Pat Logsdon linked to awhile back. ;)

(at least I think it was he who did that. I may be mistaken.)