View Full Version : Problems with PocketOutlook and WebCalendar

Numsquat
05-24-2004, 01:52 AM
I got this question from someone else, only have the info they gave me.

At their work, they use WebCalendar-v0.9.4.1 to schedule their appointments on campus. From there, the person imports the schedule to their Outlook2002 to be able to sync to their PPC.

Everything (apparently) imports fine to Outlook but when they sync, each of the newly imported appointments show up on PocketOutlook as an All-Day event the day after the appointment was originally scheduled.

Any appointment originally scheduled on the handheld or Outlook syncs just fine back and forth, the only problem is with the appointments originally scheduled on WebCalendar.

I know this is a problem with WebCalendar. Does anyone here use this program, had similar issues as this and/or knows a work around? They can't import from Outlook to WebCalendar so all their work appointments have to originate on WebCalendar.

Another thought also is there another program very similar to WebCalendar that this person can recommend to their IT department. With the growth of handheld owners at their work this will be, and has been, an issue that will get worse.

Thanks for any help.

jkendrick
05-24-2004, 03:09 PM
Is it possible that WebCalendar is somehow tampering with the timezone on output? That's what this sounds like to me. I have to admit I've never heard of this before- the only TZ settings that matter are the Outlook and the PPC. If the appointments are syncing properly to Outlook then WebCalendar shouldn't be entering into the equation at all.

Numsquat
05-24-2004, 03:36 PM
I need to find out if they have to do any changes to the appointments on Outlook when they are imported from WebCalendar, that point I wasn't sure on.