View Full Version : !!! JUST CANT WAIT !!! WHATS THE RELEASE DATES ????

q-live
05-21-2004, 10:24 PM
I wanted to know what the real release date for the motorola mpx and the nokia 9500 AND HOW CAN WE GET THE RELASE DATE MOVED UP 8O ) im getting one of these but i am hoping one comes out in june or july..... but we know how motorola do about putting out **** on time :evil: so if yall had a choice which one would yall get :?: :?:

Kacey Green
05-22-2004, 02:16 AM
I can tell you we can't get the release date pushed up, (they don't care that much about us) unless you have enough to invest in the factory to get things pushed up.

arnage2
05-22-2004, 03:30 AM
My nextel/motorola smartphone was to be released in March. I went to the nextel/motorola store on sunday, and they told my it will be released in December!

why such big friggin delays. Im sick of my motorola i95cl.

Zack Mahdavi
05-22-2004, 04:30 AM
I wanted to know what the real release date for the motorola mpx ...

I don't know, but I have my eyes on the Motorola MPX-220 (the one that runs the Smartphone OS).. I think that would be a great compliment to my iPaq 4155.

Wiggster
05-22-2004, 09:24 AM
I wanted to know what the real release date for the motorola mpx and the nokia 9500 AND HOW CAN WE GET THE RELASE DATE MOVED UP 8O ) im getting one of these but i am hoping one comes out in june or july..... but we know how motorola do about putting out s**t on time :evil: so if yall had a choice which one would yall get :?: :?:

Would you rather have a good, reliable device on a feasible release date, or one sooner without:

- A low ceiling on price
- Proper and extensive QA and testing
- Availability
- Unified availability of parts for manufacture of the devices from suppliers
- A nice selection of new accessories
- The absolute latest technology possible per price point

These things take time and a WHOLE lot of effort to get ready for market. Most companies don't give a firm release date for new technology gizmos because of everything that needs to get ironed out, especially FCC approval and supplier guarantees. Yea, we'd like it sooner, but trying to get them to move the release date up isn't the best option. They need to be properly designed, then get testing done, then get approval, then get manufactured, then get processed and shipped. Not the quickest process.

But here's hoping it'll be soon :mrgreen:

Pony99CA
05-22-2004, 03:30 PM
These things take time and a WHOLE lot of effort to get ready for market. Most companies don't give a firm release date for new technology gizmos because of everything that needs to get ironed out, especially FCC approval and supplier guarantees. Yea, we'd like it sooner, but trying to get them to move the release date up isn't the best option. They need to be properly designed, then get testing done, then get approval, then get manufactured, then get processed and shipped. Not the quickest process.
And, for devices that work on cellular networks, don't forget that the manufacturer may not be in control of everything anyway. The carrier has to do testing and decides what devices it will allow on its network and when.

Steve

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I don't know, but I have my eyes on the Motorola MPX-220 (the one that runs the Smartphone OS).. I think that would be a great compliment to my iPaq 4155.
i would go for mpx200 only if it had BT, so i bought another BT enabled clamshell phone but i'll buy mpx220 as soon as it hits the shelves

q-live
05-26-2004, 07:16 AM
MPX-220??? i havent seen that one.... how is it and when does it come out?????

Zack Mahdavi
05-26-2004, 05:04 PM
MPX-220??? i havent seen that one.... how is it and when does it come out?????

I was originally supposed to arrive at the end of Q1 2004. That never happened.. :) I think it will be arriving on the T-Mobile network. It runs Microsoft's smartphone OS. It's basically an update to the MPX-200, but it adds some necessities (imo) such as bluetooth, etc.

I'd link an article here, but my internet is too slow today. Just do a search on google. ;)

Kowalski
05-27-2004, 11:57 AM
It's basically an update to the MPX-200, but it adds some necessities (imo) such as bluetooth, etc.
and by these improvements this device will be a hit for sure.

P.S: i prefer clamshell so mpx-100 is not ideal for me and for those who prefer clamshell

Shadowcat
05-28-2004, 05:17 AM
I thought the MPX-220 hasn't been confimred yet?

Zack Mahdavi
05-28-2004, 05:30 AM
I thought the MPX-220 hasn't been confimred yet?

Take a look at this (http://msmobiles.com/news.php/1799.html). :D