View Full Version : Bluetooth Multiplayer Games

netboy_my
05-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this is the right sub-forum for me to post this up. I just want to know what games would allow multiplayer via Bluetooth? I might want to kill some boredom during trips with my friends.

Thanks!

Kowalski
05-22-2004, 02:23 PM
since BT is very hard to implement there a only a couple of applications which benefits BT but there are lots of applications which can use IRDA because irda is much easier.
i have sony ericson z600 and can play games over BT with friends, yes this is very fun but i dont think you can find such games for pocketpc

Kacey Green
05-23-2004, 05:26 AM
@Kowalski, why are you so negative? If there is money to be made a company will make a BT game for the PPC, or if someone has the free time they might feel like doing one of these, moreover, if you set up a PAN between BT devices and they can carry TCP/IP Traffic then making a muultiplayer game won't be as difficult as having the program manage the BT connection, but worst come to worst you would have to start BT, then make your connection, then start the game, not hard really, and if you have the time to play a multiplayer game you have time to start BT, so don't give me the too hard/ too much time excuse.

netboy_my
05-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Why is Bluetooth games hard to implement? Is it because of PocketPC's operating system limitation? I've been playing bluetooth games with my friends thru cellphones.. Really no bluetooth games around? Too bad..

Kowalski
05-27-2004, 11:14 PM
BT is very hard to implement because of its architecture for desktop systems and therefor pocketpcs. it is easier in mobile phones because there are special libraries for this purpose.
especially mophun platform which come with SE phones are capable of BT games.

Janak Parekh
05-30-2004, 04:33 AM
BT is very hard to implement because of its architecture for desktop systems and therefor pocketpcs.
The reason BT isn't implemented in games that much is because of a lack of standard BT stack adoption, which makes programming against a BT stack a bit more tricky. Still, one could use serial-based communication and establish a partnership between multiple devices.

As for comparing against phones, games are generally custom-written for phones, so they're hardcoded to their BT implementation.

--janak